Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Now everything hurts it . .

Posted by Mary Lou M on 9/13/99 at 00:00 (010919)

Now that I've developed this PF condition, it seems that everything hurts it. Things that didn't use to. I think I got it from wearing too-flat shoes and walking on uneven ground, e.g., the golf course. Now it seems that everything hurts it. What about taping? The podiatrist I went to said that won't help, but I remember several years ago using an -Ace bandage kind of thing and it helped. Suggestions?

Re: Now everything hurts it . .

Lee M. on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010955)

Taping was the first thing my good Dr. suggested. It did help every time. I don't think it's a long term solution because the tape stretches and you have to re- tape in a few days. Which means more Dr. visits. It did give me relief, when they were taped correctly. It can be too tight or too lose. And, I never had any luck taping my own foot. I think limping makes your body out of alignment and the rest of your body does hurt. The over compensation for your foot pain screws up everything else. This whole pf thing stinks !

Gail P on 9/19/99 at 00:00 (011060)

Taping my feet give me more relief than anything. My podiatrist is the one who recommended it. I use athletic or bandage tape. It really is instant relief and allows me to go hiking and be on my feet for longer periods of time.

Lee M. on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010955)

Taping was the first thing my good Dr. suggested. It did help every time. I don't think it's a long term solution because the tape stretches and you have to re- tape in a few days. Which means more Dr. visits. It did give me relief, when they were taped correctly. It can be too tight or too lose. And, I never had any luck taping my own foot. I think limping makes your body out of alignment and the rest of your body does hurt. The over compensation for your foot pain screws up everything else. This whole pf thing stinks !

Gail P on 9/19/99 at 00:00 (011060)

Taping my feet give me more relief than anything. My podiatrist is the one who recommended it. I use athletic or bandage tape. It really is instant relief and allows me to go hiking and be on my feet for longer periods of time.