Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posting message at request of Dr Parsons

Posted by Dr. Parsons via Scott on 9/13/99 at 00:00 (010933)

Scott,

Thought I should let you know that the over the last week(week 11 since ESWT)I have had significant improvement in my PF, I believe secondary to the ESWT (Ossatron). I am heading back to Toronto for a repeat treatment which I hope will cure me! It is unusual to try a repeat treatment but, as I had such bad PF, it may be what is needed.

The other form of therapy that I will get if the the second ESWT does not cure me is radiofrequency lesioning by Dr. Sollitto, Saddle Brook
Surgicenter, NJ. Ref: J Foot ANkle 36(3):1-000,1997.

The other therapy that also looks extremely promising is acetic acid
inotophoresis, by Dr. Japour, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York. Ref: J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 89(5):251-257, 1999.

Once again I would like to reiterate that anyone contemplating surgery
should try all of these 'proven' treatments first. Surgery is recommended by docters because they are IGNORANT of these newer treatments.

Scott - I tried to post this message on your site message board but the 'post message' button did not work. Could you post it for me?

Dr. Simon Parsons

Re: Posting message at request of Dr Parsons

LINDA K. on 9/14/99 at 00:00 (010941)

I JUST FINISHED 11 TREATMENTS OF ACETIC ACID IONTOPHORESIS WITH NO IMPROVEMENT. MY PODIATRIST SHOWED ME A VERY PROMISING STUDY THAT WAS DONE IN MAY OF 1999 IN WHICH 34 OF 35 PATIENTS HAD SIGNFICANT IMPROVEMENT. WE COULD NOT REPLICATE THOSE RESULTS. I AM NOT CONSIDERING SURGERY BUT OBVIOUSLY STILL LOOKING FOR RELIEF. SO FAR THE ONLY IMPROVEMENT THAT I HAVE GOTTEN IS FROM CORTIZONE SHOTS BUT EVEN THOSE ONLY PROVIDED ABOUT 50% REDUCTION IN PAIN INTENSITY.

Re: Posting message at request of Dr Parsons

LINDA K. on 9/14/99 at 00:00 (010941)

I JUST FINISHED 11 TREATMENTS OF ACETIC ACID IONTOPHORESIS WITH NO IMPROVEMENT. MY PODIATRIST SHOWED ME A VERY PROMISING STUDY THAT WAS DONE IN MAY OF 1999 IN WHICH 34 OF 35 PATIENTS HAD SIGNFICANT IMPROVEMENT. WE COULD NOT REPLICATE THOSE RESULTS. I AM NOT CONSIDERING SURGERY BUT OBVIOUSLY STILL LOOKING FOR RELIEF. SO FAR THE ONLY IMPROVEMENT THAT I HAVE GOTTEN IS FROM CORTIZONE SHOTS BUT EVEN THOSE ONLY PROVIDED ABOUT 50% REDUCTION IN PAIN INTENSITY.