Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

winter birks

Posted by Maura V on 9/14/99 at 00:00 (010951)

There are several new closed-toe Birkenstock models which are very comfortable; I have a pair of the 'Shirley' model, I think, and might also get a 'Virginia' pair, as I want something for the colder weather. My only concern is that in snow or rain I don't want to ruin my expensive birkies!! I also love wearing Stegmann wool felt clogs in cooler weather, but am not sure if there is enough support for my PF...

Re: winter birks

vickij on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010969)

I've had my first pair of birks for nearly twenty years and have worn them through mud and rain (though no ice or snow yet) without hurting them at all!! I've had them resoled and it looks like the next time the soles need replacing they will have to rebuild some of the cork too...which my shoe repair guy does all the time. In other words...my birks, over the long run, have been one of the least expensive shoes I've ever bought because you don't have to replace them for twenty years!

Re: winter birks

vickij on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010969)

I've had my first pair of birks for nearly twenty years and have worn them through mud and rain (though no ice or snow yet) without hurting them at all!! I've had them resoled and it looks like the next time the soles need replacing they will have to rebuild some of the cork too...which my shoe repair guy does all the time. In other words...my birks, over the long run, have been one of the least expensive shoes I've ever bought because you don't have to replace them for twenty years!