Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My ankle pain was not TTS

Posted by Sue B. on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010972)

Among my many feet pains I developed pain on the inside of my ankle that radiated from my the bottom of my foot and up my ankle in my leg. I was afraid that I had TTS. The NCS said 'no TTS,' but I was still suspicious I had it.

However, a chiropractor told me that the pain was from pronation and to wear a good pair of custom orthotics and the pain was from the muscle in my leg being pulled and to gently rub the muscle a few times a day. That combination seemed to work. I still have heel pain, but I no longer have ankle pain as long as I wear the orthotics.

Without orthotics, that pain comes back within a half an hour!!!

Don't know if that will help you, but fortunately it worked for me.

Re: My ankle pain was not TTS

Elise on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010980)

My podiatrist also thinks it is from over-pronation, but I have tried 4 different orthotics without much success. I still think it is the answer, because everytime I change, the pain goes away for a few days.

thanks for your advice!

Re: My ankle pain was not TTS

Elise on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010980)

My podiatrist also thinks it is from over-pronation, but I have tried 4 different orthotics without much success. I still think it is the answer, because everytime I change, the pain goes away for a few days.

thanks for your advice!