Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Chiropractic Care and PF

Posted by Jeff D. on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010973)

Am interested in if anyone has been helped by a chiropractor, and if so, how? I'm going to one next week. What should I ask him?

Re: Chiropractic Care and PF

Susan L on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010974)

Yes, my Chiropractor has helped. I have gone to him for about ten years for back and neck problems. I asked him if he could help with the PF. He has done conventional acupuncture and what he calls Pizo, it is an electrical current that opens the meridians like acupunture does. I have also gotten underwater Ultra-Sound and massage therapy in his office. All have helped. His massage therapist is awsome!!!!

John C. on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (010989)

Jeff,
I went to a chiro about 5 months ago for the first time in my life. She did a great job of getting rid of the last 10% of my pain. As a result, I am back to running.

My chiro did ultrasound and massage. I believe the massage was the most helpful for me. I learned how to do it to myself. Anytime I would get a pain, I would just sit down and massage it away. It was very effective for me.

Good luck.

John

Gina C on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (011001)

I went to a chiro 3xweek for 3 weeks. He only adjusted my back and feet; no other treatment was offered. He felt that if nothing changed in 3 weeks, chiro probably wouldn't help. It didn't. Maybe if he had alternative treatments it would have been more successful, but basic adjustment didn't do a thing for me.

Kara on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (011009)

Hi,
I've been to 2 different chiros. The First made me lay down on that jumping table, cracked my back and I couldn't move for 2 weeks from pain.
The second I saw maybe 8 times, she used that little gun and with all my winter clothes on, (including my big clunky boots), 'corrected' out-of-alignment points. ($50 a session and I never felt any different) I never could figure out how she could see or even feel the out of alignments with all those baggy clothes!
I know many people have found great chiros, but I would definately make sure this is a GOOD chiropractor for YOU, you don't want anyone messing with your joints if they don't know how to treat you..
Anyway, that's my little spiel
Good luck,
Kara

Susan L on 9/15/99 at 00:00 (010974)

Yes, my Chiropractor has helped. I have gone to him for about ten years for back and neck problems. I asked him if he could help with the PF. He has done conventional acupuncture and what he calls Pizo, it is an electrical current that opens the meridians like acupunture does. I have also gotten underwater Ultra-Sound and massage therapy in his office. All have helped. His massage therapist is awsome!!!!

John C. on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (010989)

Jeff,
I went to a chiro about 5 months ago for the first time in my life. She did a great job of getting rid of the last 10% of my pain. As a result, I am back to running.

My chiro did ultrasound and massage. I believe the massage was the most helpful for me. I learned how to do it to myself. Anytime I would get a pain, I would just sit down and massage it away. It was very effective for me.

Good luck.

John

Gina C on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (011001)

I went to a chiro 3xweek for 3 weeks. He only adjusted my back and feet; no other treatment was offered. He felt that if nothing changed in 3 weeks, chiro probably wouldn't help. It didn't. Maybe if he had alternative treatments it would have been more successful, but basic adjustment didn't do a thing for me.

Kara on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (011009)

Hi,
I've been to 2 different chiros. The First made me lay down on that jumping table, cracked my back and I couldn't move for 2 weeks from pain.
The second I saw maybe 8 times, she used that little gun and with all my winter clothes on, (including my big clunky boots), 'corrected' out-of-alignment points. ($50 a session and I never felt any different) I never could figure out how she could see or even feel the out of alignments with all those baggy clothes!
I know many people have found great chiros, but I would definately make sure this is a GOOD chiropractor for YOU, you don't want anyone messing with your joints if they don't know how to treat you..
Anyway, that's my little spiel
Good luck,
Kara