Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Birks should be the same

Posted by Robin on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (010986)

Wendy, the Birkenstock company itself says that all Birks are the same in terms of the footbed. What differs is the 'dressing' part of the shoe -- the top, the straps, buckles, etc. The Footprints line is a little different as is the Tatami line. Monterey is a style in the 'classic' Birk line and is supposed to have the same footbed as the Arizona, which is their most popular model.

I am a dedicated Birk wearer; I have 6 pairs of Birks, 2 Arizonas and 4 in other styles. And they are pretty much all the same footbed -- although they do feel very different from each other because of the upper styling. I can't imagine what you bought that makes them so soft, but consider yourself lucky. Personally, I think I'll be wearing Birks for the rest of my life. Like many people on this board, I have a closet full of expensive shoes I cannot wear -- but my Birks feel good every day.

wendyn on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (010995)

Kay, now you folks are beginning to make me think I'm losing my mind....all I can tell you is that the sandals I have are a soft suede foot bed - - I can squish my fingers into the heel and into the toes - but the arch portion is fairly solid. (I must look like an idiot sitting here all the time squishing my shoes - my husband already thinks I'm nuts). The foot bed does not have that funny little raised portion by the toes (I think it's called a toe grip). The store I bought them in only had 3 or 4 different styles with this type of foot bed. Now that I'm questioning my sanity - I will try to call the Birk store I purchased them at once they're open today. I'll see if we can solve this mystery for all concerned. I'll let you know what I find out....!!

wendyn on 9/16/99 at 00:00 (010995)

Kay, now you folks are beginning to make me think I'm losing my mind....all I can tell you is that the sandals I have are a soft suede foot bed - - I can squish my fingers into the heel and into the toes - but the arch portion is fairly solid. (I must look like an idiot sitting here all the time squishing my shoes - my husband already thinks I'm nuts). The foot bed does not have that funny little raised portion by the toes (I think it's called a toe grip). The store I bought them in only had 3 or 4 different styles with this type of foot bed. Now that I'm questioning my sanity - I will try to call the Birk store I purchased them at once they're open today. I'll see if we can solve this mystery for all concerned. I'll let you know what I find out....!!