Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fasciitus & reflexology

Posted by another wendy on 9/17/99 at 00:00 (011022)

My plantar fasciitus had been in remission for approx four months, so I assumed it was cured. I tried reflexology just because I thought it would feel good and a friend was doing it. It brought back the plantar fasciitus. I checked with the reflexologist, and after consulting with the reflexology school, she reported back that people with plantar fasciitus should NOT have reflexology because it aggravates the condition.

I have resumed wearing my custom-made orthotics in my New Balance running shoes. I wear them all the time, except while sleeping, and I walk frequently using a long stride. I have actually found that the walking helps and attribute my previous cure to these the shoes, orthotics & walking.

Re: Plantar fasciitus & reflexology

john h on 9/17/99 at 00:00 (011026)

there are relfexologist and there are reflexologist. it does not take but a week or so of training to be certified by your state. having seen two of them there were signigicant differences. one was very rough with the foot the other more careful. it is a hit or miss with this treatment.

Re: Plantar fasciitus & reflexology

john h on 9/17/99 at 00:00 (011026)

there are relfexologist and there are reflexologist. it does not take but a week or so of training to be certified by your state. having seen two of them there were signigicant differences. one was very rough with the foot the other more careful. it is a hit or miss with this treatment.