Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still 95% improved after 2 mos.

Posted by Letty W. on 9/17/99 at 00:00 (011023)

Just checking in. I am still improved 95% with lots of straight and bent knee stretches against the wall and professionally made orthotics worn all day in New Balance tennis shoes. After two years and trying almost everything except surgery, I may have found my 'cure'. I don't think you actually get rid of the PF completely but you can ameliorate your symptoms greatly with the right combination of treatments for you. Try stretching more not less. I kept putting off the professionally made orthotics recommended by my orthopedist because I thought I could only wear Birks. But they can make a tremendous difference. I may not be checking in here as much as long as I am improving, so I think it may be true that the BB may be skewed by those who have not found anything that helps. I am even considering starting to walk again for exercise and will let you know how it goes. Good luck to all!