Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carol E. About I disagree w/ most people

Posted by Sarah on 9/17/99 at 00:00 (011024)

It is so interesting that you should mention that your orthodic started to bother you and you stopped wearing it in a recent post. Much like you, I stretch, did physical therapy, ice, cortisoned, ibuprophen, and now work w/ a personal trainer who has cut out most carb. I can now walk barefoot around the house without bother. I was contemplating not using my orthodics. I have been wearing Naot clogs a lot that cradle my arch much like birkenstocks and have increasingly found my orthodics painful to wear and have gone for several readjustments.

Please provide me w/ more info as to how long you haven't been wearing your orthodics, if you use over the counter inserts like speno for shoes that need it, ect..

Greatly appreciated

Sarah

Re: Carol E. About I disagree w/ most people

Betsy S. on 9/18/99 at 00:00 (011045)

Johns Hopkins recommends sufferers AVOID the use of orthotics or rigid arch supports - they tend to increase pressure on the inflamed fascia. They say that padded inserts are OK.

Re: Carol E. About I disagree w/ most people

Betsy S. on 9/18/99 at 00:00 (011045)

Johns Hopkins recommends sufferers AVOID the use of orthotics or rigid arch supports - they tend to increase pressure on the inflamed fascia. They say that padded inserts are OK.