Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

iontophoresis with dexamethasone

Posted by Scott R on 9/18/99 at 00:00 (011043)

I got an email saying iontophoresis with dexamethasone was good. Below is a copy of it. Has anyone else had success or failure with this combination?

I have had some good success with dexamethasone. It is supposed to be 50 times stronger than cortisone and longer acting. We usually do treatments 3 times a week for two weeks, 60 to 80 ma-minutes with 4 mg/ml dexamethasone (decadron). I use it mainly on the folks that have been crawling around the house and we usually get them back to walking fairly quickly.

Re: iontophoresis with dexamethasone

Mary Ann S on 9/18/99 at 00:00 (011052)

I had nine treatments and dont't feel it helped at all.

Rosalind on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011072)

I had iontophoresis with dexamethazone twice. It was painful during the procedure, it made me a lot worse for about a day afterwards, and I saw no improvement. I refused further treatments.

kelus on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011078)

Scott, I had MANY treatments with this procedure during physical therapy, and I had ZERO relief from it!!!

Kelus

Mary Ann S on 9/18/99 at 00:00 (011052)

I had nine treatments and dont't feel it helped at all.

Rosalind on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011072)

I had iontophoresis with dexamethazone twice. It was painful during the procedure, it made me a lot worse for about a day afterwards, and I saw no improvement. I refused further treatments.

kelus on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011078)

Scott, I had MANY treatments with this procedure during physical therapy, and I had ZERO relief from it!!!

Kelus