Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Easy Spirit Shoes

Posted by Lynn N on 9/18/99 at 00:00 (011047)

WOW! I bought a pair of their clogs and I cant say enough good things about them! I have NO pain all day when I wear them! (my job requires me to be on my feet all day) I have flat feet too and have never worn a heel and they are slightly elevated so I think this is helping too! I LOVE them! I also bought a pair of Rockport tie shoes. They got a bit uncomfortable after awhile. I think they need an insert and some breaking in and they will be fine.
Easy Spirit has outlet stores all over too. I bought my clogs for $45 but they had lots of shoes for even less than that! Will go back again soon!

Lynn N

Re: Easy Spirit Shoes - high heel

El J on 9/19/99 at 00:00 (011065)

I am 8 weeks post EPF surgery one of the things the ortho doc and the person who made my orthodics said was I would feel better with a shoe with a higher heel. I wear a shoe with a wedge of 1 1/4- 1 1/2 inch with an orthodotic and it does feel better. I wear clinic shoes ('renew' or 'refresh' styles) or Barefoot Freedom 'bounce'. My favorite is the bounce because it is a much better shoe with more support and a lightweight rocker bottm. It looks good and comes in many colors. They look great with business wear..when worn with matching/contrasting hose or tights. Both shoes can be obtained from othopedic shoe stores.
My feet are feeling good..I have periods of time when I actually forget about them. Full recouperation from this surgery will take up to 1 year. Recovery so far has been good. My feet no longer wake me up at night, my first morning steps are not agony (they are still a little sore for the first couple of steps)and I can walk malls/stores for hours!! I ride a stationary bike for exercise.
I start physical theraphy in Oct. They will work with me on excerises for strenghtening, exercise plan and proper care for my feet. I understand PF may not ever go away completely. It may take a break for periods of time (sometimes long periods) but once you have it...you must always take care. One of the problems with this condition is sometimes not being able to pinpoint how it happened...it just did.

Re: Easy Spirit Shoes - high heel

El J on 9/19/99 at 00:00 (011065)

I am 8 weeks post EPF surgery one of the things the ortho doc and the person who made my orthodics said was I would feel better with a shoe with a higher heel. I wear a shoe with a wedge of 1 1/4- 1 1/2 inch with an orthodotic and it does feel better. I wear clinic shoes ('renew' or 'refresh' styles) or Barefoot Freedom 'bounce'. My favorite is the bounce because it is a much better shoe with more support and a lightweight rocker bottm. It looks good and comes in many colors. They look great with business wear..when worn with matching/contrasting hose or tights. Both shoes can be obtained from othopedic shoe stores.
My feet are feeling good..I have periods of time when I actually forget about them. Full recouperation from this surgery will take up to 1 year. Recovery so far has been good. My feet no longer wake me up at night, my first morning steps are not agony (they are still a little sore for the first couple of steps)and I can walk malls/stores for hours!! I ride a stationary bike for exercise.
I start physical theraphy in Oct. They will work with me on excerises for strenghtening, exercise plan and proper care for my feet. I understand PF may not ever go away completely. It may take a break for periods of time (sometimes long periods) but once you have it...you must always take care. One of the problems with this condition is sometimes not being able to pinpoint how it happened...it just did.