Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hip/Chiro

Posted by YokoS on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011081)

Recently I experienced sharp pain on hip (right side just under waist), and dull pain on my right knee. Both pains never go away, and I am pretty sure these are from my inappropriate walking style.
Due to left heel spur, I am limping left foot for 8 months.
Do you think chiropractor can fix at least my hip pain?
I studied how to deal w/heel pain, but not hip yet.
Please give me any suggestion.

Re: Hip/Chiro

pete on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011092)

get some orthotics...you're probably pronating so your ankle/foot is rolling to much inward...that puts abnormal stress on the knee, and the hip.

KaraM on 9/21/99 at 00:00 (011099)

Yoko,
I would definately get that checked out. I've had sciatica for 4 years and nobody could ever diagnose me and it's just gotten worse and worse (though I knew something was very wrong with me just didn't know what)
I've read that PF can cause sciatica and/or lower back pain, especially if you start walking funny. it could be bone and joints or it could be a muscular/ postural problem, so see some different types of therapists to figure out what might work for you.
Take care!
KaraM

john h on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011163)

certainly walking with a limp can put unusual forces on your hip and other joints in the body causing pain.

pete on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011092)

get some orthotics...you're probably pronating so your ankle/foot is rolling to much inward...that puts abnormal stress on the knee, and the hip.

KaraM on 9/21/99 at 00:00 (011099)

Yoko,
I would definately get that checked out. I've had sciatica for 4 years and nobody could ever diagnose me and it's just gotten worse and worse (though I knew something was very wrong with me just didn't know what)
I've read that PF can cause sciatica and/or lower back pain, especially if you start walking funny. it could be bone and joints or it could be a muscular/ postural problem, so see some different types of therapists to figure out what might work for you.
Take care!
KaraM

john h on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011163)

certainly walking with a limp can put unusual forces on your hip and other joints in the body causing pain.