Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Do I Have PF?

Posted by KimH on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011094)

Today at work (I do accounting so I am not on my feet that much) about 2 PM I started to feel a pain in my heel and it has just got worse as the evening has go on. I have been wearing the same sandal type shoes almost everyday for about a year.
They do not have any back support and have about a 3-inch heel. I am also about 40-50 lbs. over weight. I am in extreme pain right now laying down or walking.
My question is because everything I have read tonight mentions pain in the AM not just all of a sudden? And how long should I wait and try and self treat this before I see a DR.?
Please HELP!

Re: Do I Have PF?

Dan w on 9/21/99 at 00:00 (011122)

I cant say for sure since you just noticed the pain. but dont wait to seek a doctors opinion. The alternative could be a lifetime of pain the likes of which you cant imagine. The pain can occur at anytime, but after awhile you notice it more in the mornings or after sitting for long periods. Do not get the shots, they will make it worse. God bless us all.

Re: Do I Have PF?

Dan w on 9/21/99 at 00:00 (011122)

I cant say for sure since you just noticed the pain. but dont wait to seek a doctors opinion. The alternative could be a lifetime of pain the likes of which you cant imagine. The pain can occur at anytime, but after awhile you notice it more in the mornings or after sitting for long periods. Do not get the shots, they will make it worse. God bless us all.