Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ankles

Posted by Denise B on 9/20/99 at 00:00 (011096)

Does anyone notice after a long day on your feet your ankles hurting, and or burning on your heels?

Thanks,

Denise B

Re: Ankles

joan on 9/21/99 at 00:00 (011119)

I get pain in the outer side of my left ankjle, probably from weightbearing too much over that side--I unfortunately think I am gettinga mild arthritis there, but I am doing all I can to walk more normally and avoid the progression of that--we have to be careful not to keep spreading the malfunction around. what kind of problems do yoiu haave? p.s. i am typing sideways on my keyboard--it is a long story--excuse the typos!

Denise B on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011143)

I have PF in both feet, which is like most everyone else on this baord, hard, specially since I work 8 to 10 hours a day on my feet! Late in the afternoons I have noticed lately my feet and ankles getting stiff, and swelling, and my ankles getting sore and painful, not to mention the knife I walk on. Its funny I now measure my days as 'good or bad' feet days. Some days I wonder if it will ever go away. I'm getting married in 2 weeks, and the thought of dress shoes with heels makes me kringe! But I'll get through it just like we all do, we make do.

Sorry about the rambling, todays one of those down days :(
Anyway...take care, and let me know how things are with you.
Denise

Yvonne C on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011160)

On your wedding day, you should bring some zip lock bags and fill them with Ice and while you are having dinner you can refresh your feet for the dancing. It's only a suggestion, but have a great day and good luck..............

Denise B on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011175)

thanks! ziplocks and ice sound like a great plan!

joan on 9/21/99 at 00:00 (011119)

I get pain in the outer side of my left ankjle, probably from weightbearing too much over that side--I unfortunately think I am gettinga mild arthritis there, but I am doing all I can to walk more normally and avoid the progression of that--we have to be careful not to keep spreading the malfunction around. what kind of problems do yoiu haave? p.s. i am typing sideways on my keyboard--it is a long story--excuse the typos!

Denise B on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011143)

I have PF in both feet, which is like most everyone else on this baord, hard, specially since I work 8 to 10 hours a day on my feet! Late in the afternoons I have noticed lately my feet and ankles getting stiff, and swelling, and my ankles getting sore and painful, not to mention the knife I walk on. Its funny I now measure my days as 'good or bad' feet days. Some days I wonder if it will ever go away. I'm getting married in 2 weeks, and the thought of dress shoes with heels makes me kringe! But I'll get through it just like we all do, we make do.

Sorry about the rambling, todays one of those down days :(
Anyway...take care, and let me know how things are with you.
Denise

Yvonne C on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011160)

On your wedding day, you should bring some zip lock bags and fill them with Ice and while you are having dinner you can refresh your feet for the dancing. It's only a suggestion, but have a great day and good luck..............

Denise B on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011175)

thanks! ziplocks and ice sound like a great plan!