Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

4 weeks

Posted by john h on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011129)

it has been 4 weeks since my pf release,chelictomy,and tarsal tunnel release. i still have some swelling around the great toe where some bone was removed and some tenderness where the fascia was released.all my shoes fit so the swelling has gone down. i elevate and ice as often as possible. you use your great toe to push off with when you walk so that has been the problem so far. i take 100mg celebrex twice a day and have been on it for about 2 weeks. do not know if it helps or not. going into this my doctor said the pf release was my call as i do not have the usual symptoms of early morning pain or some spot you could press on and cause pain. at this point i do not know if the pf surgery has worked or not but if it does not work i will have at least eliminated the fascia as the source of pain. i have over done a couple of times and caused some real pain (saturday mowed the lawn, rode a stationary bike for 40 minutes, lifted weights, stretched the fascia a little, and walked a half mile). want be doing that routine for a while! the doctor only released about 20% of the fascia and i can really tell a difference compared to my other foot in tightness in the fascia. i was not sure what i was supposed to do after i got off crutches after 3 weeks. called nurse and her answer was what ever pain will allow. i really like that answer. talking to other people who have had some of the foot surgeries i had it seems most say it took months before the foot recovered. 4 weeks after surgery seems like 4 years.

Re: 4 weeks

el J on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011148)

I have had several foot surgeries and it does take a loooooog time to feel 90% of what 'normal' used to be! I can predict rain anywhere in the world with my feet..barometric really can make a difference in my pain level!

Re: 4 weeks

el J on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011148)

I have had several foot surgeries and it does take a loooooog time to feel 90% of what 'normal' used to be! I can predict rain anywhere in the world with my feet..barometric really can make a difference in my pain level!