Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MSM Nutritional Supplement??

Posted by Julie M. on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011134)

Has anyone heard of a supplement called MSM that is supposed to help with plantar fasciitis? Has anyone tried this product? How were the results? Any information would be great. Thank you.

Re: MSM Nutritional Supplement??

Robin B. on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011138)

Yes, I have tried it for a couple of months and did not notice any significant change so I dropped it. However, several folks on this board previously have reported pretty positive results.

I started glucosamine sulfate last December. I continue to take it even though its influence has been minor. I have another 3 months worth in the cabinet so I'll take those and will probably cease and desist when it's gone.

At the end of July I started taking bromelain and noticed more serious relief within a week. It has been about two months now and it continues to help ease the inflamation so I continue to take it. So far it has helped the most.

Judy E on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011151)

I have been taking bromelain since about May. If I miss several days or even one day, I can really feel the difference.

I am not sure why it seems to work, but who's to questions something that works. :)

Nancy T. on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011181)

Robin: OK...you guys won me over. Where can I get the bromelain?
Thanks!

Robin on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011190)

Nancy, you can get it from the Vitamin Shoppe. Scott's main document has a link or you can just try http://www.vitaminshoppe.com . Or of course a health food store. I hope it works for you -- at least I don't think you will have to take it for very long before you know. Probably a month should tell you something. Good luck.

Re: MSM Nutritional Supplement??-To Robin

Nancy T. on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011209)

Thanks, Robin. I will give it a try and let you know how I make out.

Robin B. on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011138)

Yes, I have tried it for a couple of months and did not notice any significant change so I dropped it. However, several folks on this board previously have reported pretty positive results.

I started glucosamine sulfate last December. I continue to take it even though its influence has been minor. I have another 3 months worth in the cabinet so I'll take those and will probably cease and desist when it's gone.

At the end of July I started taking bromelain and noticed more serious relief within a week. It has been about two months now and it continues to help ease the inflamation so I continue to take it. So far it has helped the most.

Judy E on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011151)

I have been taking bromelain since about May. If I miss several days or even one day, I can really feel the difference.

I am not sure why it seems to work, but who's to questions something that works. :)

Nancy T. on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011181)

Robin: OK...you guys won me over. Where can I get the bromelain?
Thanks!

Robin on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011190)

Nancy, you can get it from the Vitamin Shoppe. Scott's main document has a link or you can just try http://www.vitaminshoppe.com . Or of course a health food store. I hope it works for you -- at least I don't think you will have to take it for very long before you know. Probably a month should tell you something. Good luck.

Re: MSM Nutritional Supplement??-To Robin

Nancy T. on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011209)

Thanks, Robin. I will give it a try and let you know how I make out.