Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

trying cam-walker

Posted by Caryne on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011141)

Dr. is putting me in a cam-walker. Hope this works...I've read several messages that say this cast helps out. Looking forward to walking without pain.. One question? it's on my right foot anyone who had the cast can you still drive?

Re: trying cam-walker

el j on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011147)

I could not drive when I wore mine and the Doc advised against it.

Jane N on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011154)

I just got out of a removable 'boot' like the cam-walker (different brand). My doctor allowed me to take it off to drive. Hope this course of treatment works for you. Let us know how you make out. Good Luck!

Hannej on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011195)

What is a cam walker?

Caryne on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011212)

A Cam-walker is a portable cast that you can take off to bathe and sleep but when you walk it lifts heel up so you don't have the pressure on the heel...

Hannej on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011218)

Hi- sorry, but english is not my 1.language. I'll do my best..
Thanks for your answer:-))
I haven't tried this. where do you buy it? Haven't seen it here.
Else I've tried it all!!!
Stretching helps, but deep- massage is better. Still I have pain every morning and every step:-((( Suffered for 3,5 years now:-(((
I also have the soft Birks as mentioned here- they work better than other sandals. Ecco have a good sandal too.

john h on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011227)

use your search engine to look for 'cast shoes' and you can find a picture of every kind of cast shoe made. CAM Walkers are a brand name and there are many more that look and function similiarly. If it were me i would go for the short walker vs the longer one. some articulate, some do not, some can be fixed with a specified range of motion or no motion al all. some can be set to a specified setting such a 5% upward flex. you will need some guidance.

el j on 9/22/99 at 00:00 (011147)

I could not drive when I wore mine and the Doc advised against it.

Jane N on 9/23/99 at 00:00 (011154)

I just got out of a removable 'boot' like the cam-walker (different brand). My doctor allowed me to take it off to drive. Hope this course of treatment works for you. Let us know how you make out. Good Luck!

Hannej on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011195)

What is a cam walker?

Caryne on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011212)

A Cam-walker is a portable cast that you can take off to bathe and sleep but when you walk it lifts heel up so you don't have the pressure on the heel...

Hannej on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011218)

Hi- sorry, but english is not my 1.language. I'll do my best..
Thanks for your answer:-))
I haven't tried this. where do you buy it? Haven't seen it here.
Else I've tried it all!!!
Stretching helps, but deep- massage is better. Still I have pain every morning and every step:-((( Suffered for 3,5 years now:-(((
I also have the soft Birks as mentioned here- they work better than other sandals. Ecco have a good sandal too.

john h on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011227)

use your search engine to look for 'cast shoes' and you can find a picture of every kind of cast shoe made. CAM Walkers are a brand name and there are many more that look and function similiarly. If it were me i would go for the short walker vs the longer one. some articulate, some do not, some can be fixed with a specified range of motion or no motion al all. some can be set to a specified setting such a 5% upward flex. you will need some guidance.