Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lou, I also have no gallbladder and I've lost 40 lbs of fat---so much for

Posted by Carol E. on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011204)

that theory. And I'm not doing Atkins---why is everyone so hung up on that?

Re: Lou, I also have no gallbladder and I've lost 40 lbs of fat---so much for

Lou on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011215)

Carol. The thing about Atkins that made it not work for me, I think, is that it is high in fat. I want to clarify that I didn't lose weight on ATkins, but my feet are better than they have been in over a year, and I think the low-carbs must be the answer. My diet before was all carb. I was pretty much a vegetarian and lived on grains, pasta, veggies, etc., but I also have a sweet tooth and ate a lot of sugar and fat. So I'm thinking low carb for the feet and also low fat for (excuse me for mentioning it) weight loss.
The thyroid problem is also going to be a big factor in how Atkins did not work for me.

Re: Lou, I also have no gallbladder and I've lost 40 lbs of fat---so much for

Lou on 9/24/99 at 00:00 (011215)

Carol. The thing about Atkins that made it not work for me, I think, is that it is high in fat. I want to clarify that I didn't lose weight on ATkins, but my feet are better than they have been in over a year, and I think the low-carbs must be the answer. My diet before was all carb. I was pretty much a vegetarian and lived on grains, pasta, veggies, etc., but I also have a sweet tooth and ate a lot of sugar and fat. So I'm thinking low carb for the feet and also low fat for (excuse me for mentioning it) weight loss.
The thyroid problem is also going to be a big factor in how Atkins did not work for me.