Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

question about PF and shingles-long one

Posted by Jennh on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011226)

I don't know if the 2 are related, but right about the same time I began experiencing PF symptoms(3 years ago) I also started having shingles outbreaks. I had the orthotripsy performed 10 weeks ago (I had not had a shingles outbreak since April) and this last Wednesday I started noticing a burning feeling in the bottom of my foot and nerve pain down my leg. I just figured it was pain from the orthotripsy. Well, sure enough on Friday, I woke up with a shingle outbreak. The entire leg hurts, including my heel. It feels like nerve pain more than anything else, which is what shingles are. But becuase of this outbreak and the similiar pain to PF, I wanted to throw this question out there and see if anyone else suffers from this or might think they are related. Thanks for your input.

Re: question about PF and shingles-long one

Duane E on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011237)

I've heard of the antiviral drug acyclovir (Zovirax) being used to successfully treat shingles. The sooner the medication is started after the outbreak of symptoms the better the results. I've known of people to go to urgent (or emergency) care facilities to obtain a prescription.

Scott R on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011238)

For shingles, take 1,000 mcg vitamin B12 spread out over each day . Take as much vit C as possible (up to 4,000 mg with each meal if it doesn't cause too much gas). Take 4,000 mg lysine spread out over each day. That will probably cure it in a few days.

Duane E on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011237)

I've heard of the antiviral drug acyclovir (Zovirax) being used to successfully treat shingles. The sooner the medication is started after the outbreak of symptoms the better the results. I've known of people to go to urgent (or emergency) care facilities to obtain a prescription.

Scott R on 9/25/99 at 00:00 (011238)

For shingles, take 1,000 mcg vitamin B12 spread out over each day . Take as much vit C as possible (up to 4,000 mg with each meal if it doesn't cause too much gas). Take 4,000 mg lysine spread out over each day. That will probably cure it in a few days.