Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Practical advice for fat-pad-problems

Posted by Per, Dk on 9/26/99 at 00:00 (011248)

Hello fellow heel pad syndromers:
I couldīt go to the medical site some of you mention, so I write the following at the risk of repeating things that are said on that site:
I have the same pattern of pain comming later in the day as the rest of you, and I definetely got poor fat pads; probably from overdoing sports. A while ago I posted some taping method I learned (which is the same as Scotts) and I think it has been a keypoint to getting my problems under control (allthough I am by no means cured). Check It out (it goes way back; 2-3 months I guess).
One thing I want to add to my earlier post: I have found that doing exercise while being taped, and icing imediately after has helped a lot more than inactivity (probably due to increased blood flow). Also do whatever you can during the day to keep the inflammation down. I have gone from being an allday bedlayer, to experimenting with running and playing basketball again (but not walking, standing a lot during the day though).

Needless to say, I have learned a lot of these benificial treatments from this site, and I am very thankfull to all you contributers out there (and Scott of course).

I hope that this advice will help you. Feel free to mail me for questions.
Good luck;

Love: Per, Denmark

Re: Practical advice for fat-pad-problems, correction

Per, Dk on 9/26/99 at 00:00 (011267)

Oops. I think a correction to my above post is in place: The taping method I use is NOT the one Scott recommends.

Per, Dk

Re: Practical advice for fat-pad-problems, correction

Per, Dk on 9/26/99 at 00:00 (011267)

Oops. I think a correction to my above post is in place: The taping method I use is NOT the one Scott recommends.

Per, Dk