Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bone scans

Posted by Caryne on 9/26/99 at 00:00 (011268)

Hi, still in pain...had a bone scan done Fri. it showed a pretty good size 'hot spot' waiting to hear what that means. I'm sure it's just imflammation from all the pain I've had in my heel since March. I get the cam-walker tomorrow...it should help.

Re: bone scans

Jane N on 9/26/99 at 00:00 (011269)

I had a bone scan done too and found out I had a fractured heel in addition to the PF. There was a big 'hot spot' right in the middle of my heel on the scan. The doctor told me I probably fractured it because I was walking 'funny' due to the PF pain. I don't want to alarm you because everyone is different but you might want to ask your doctor about the possibility of a stress fracture too. Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how you make out.

caryne to Jane on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011408)

You were right I have a stress fracture and I'm in the cam-walker for a couple of months now...been having so much pain. Walker seems to help

Jane N on 9/26/99 at 00:00 (011269)

I had a bone scan done too and found out I had a fractured heel in addition to the PF. There was a big 'hot spot' right in the middle of my heel on the scan. The doctor told me I probably fractured it because I was walking 'funny' due to the PF pain. I don't want to alarm you because everyone is different but you might want to ask your doctor about the possibility of a stress fracture too. Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how you make out.

caryne to Jane on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011408)

You were right I have a stress fracture and I'm in the cam-walker for a couple of months now...been having so much pain. Walker seems to help