Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What actually happens in a ruptured fascia?....

Posted by AndreaB on 9/27/99 at 00:00 (011289)

I have never heard of that. I am a runner myself and was injured 3 weeks prior to the marathon. I ran it anyway. In retrospect if I could do it over again I would have NEVER run it.

Re: What actually happens in a ruptured fascia?....

AlanS on 9/29/99 at 00:00 (011336)

All I know is that the morning after my marathon run my foot had a huge purple bruise that was centered on the middle of my arch, and extended around to the sides of my foot; it was of course very painful. Podiatrist said it was ruptured, and said usually when it ruptures you hear it 'pop'; I didn't hear any pop, or feel anything pop. Just felt it later that evening and especially the next morning.

Re: What actually happens in a ruptured fascia?....

AlanS on 9/29/99 at 00:00 (011336)

All I know is that the morning after my marathon run my foot had a huge purple bruise that was centered on the middle of my arch, and extended around to the sides of my foot; it was of course very painful. Podiatrist said it was ruptured, and said usually when it ruptures you hear it 'pop'; I didn't hear any pop, or feel anything pop. Just felt it later that evening and especially the next morning.