Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Elise--Are you there--you posted about Lyme's Disease and PF last September

Posted by AndreaB on 9/28/99 at 00:00 (011308)

I am looking for Elise who tested positive for Lyme's Disease and believed her PF was related. You posted a message last Sept. I just spoke with the Head Clinical neurologist at Yale Medical School. He suggested that I have a test for Lyme's disease as my symptoms sound very much like Lyme's disease. (I also lived in MN a higher risk state when all of this started) I am interest in finding out how you are and where you are from. Any changes, what other sypmtoms you may have. About 4 weeks ago in addition to my feet I have had tingling and numbing sensations in my arms and legs. Or anyone else who may have thoughts on this.

Re: To Elise--Are you there--you posted about Lyme's Disease and PF last September

Elise on 10/02/99 at 00:00 (011432)

HI,
I initially tested very positive for Lyme, but then a subsequent test showed that I didn't have an active case. The doctors did not know if the first test was a false positive or not, but agreed that I didn't have Lyme at the time. Nonetheless, they put me on three weeks of doxycycline anyway as a precaution since the first test had such a high positive score. I still believe there is something that caused the first positive result, even if it wasn't Lyme, but that no one knows what that something was.

It is about one year since my initial onset of PF. I would say the pain was about a 10 for three months, and then has very gradually subsidized since then. I am now at about 2, and have been for about two weeks.

I have tried just about every treatment and medicine out there, so I don't even know what helped, but PT, icing and sandals I recently bought at an othopedic store all contributed. I didn't see any change from the doxycycline.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Re: To Elise--Are you there--you posted about Lyme's Disease and PF last September

Elise on 10/02/99 at 00:00 (011432)

HI,
I initially tested very positive for Lyme, but then a subsequent test showed that I didn't have an active case. The doctors did not know if the first test was a false positive or not, but agreed that I didn't have Lyme at the time. Nonetheless, they put me on three weeks of doxycycline anyway as a precaution since the first test had such a high positive score. I still believe there is something that caused the first positive result, even if it wasn't Lyme, but that no one knows what that something was.

It is about one year since my initial onset of PF. I would say the pain was about a 10 for three months, and then has very gradually subsidized since then. I am now at about 2, and have been for about two weeks.

I have tried just about every treatment and medicine out there, so I don't even know what helped, but PT, icing and sandals I recently bought at an othopedic store all contributed. I didn't see any change from the doxycycline.

Hope this helps. Good luck.