Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthotripsy July 17

Posted by Jennh on 9/29/99 at 00:00 (011338)

My progress is still the same 30-40% improvment and going on 11 weeks this friday. Dr Galea thinks I should have another treatment but he did clear me to try running. Yes fellow sufferers, even with this I am going to try it. I'll let you know. He wants me to wait a few weeks before I go for my second treatment.

Re: Orthotripsy July 17Dear Jennh

DanW on 9/30/99 at 00:00 (011368)

Dear Jennh, I am a fellow sufferer of PF and am cosidering going to see Dr Galea. I would like to know how much the treatment was and where you stayed when you went to canada. Sounds like a strange request but the nurse has not called me back yet to give me any info. I am very impatient having suffered for five years and am now totally disabled with pain. Are you doing better? I dont think I could bare to get any worse, and am afraid to get surgery. Your Friend DanW

Jennh on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011398)

Hi Dan, okay I'll give you my history. First off I am very impatient and bugged those people at the Institute of Sports Medicine until I scheduled an appointment. Second, I drove from chicago. I booked a hotel room from some place I found on the internet but it really turned out to be too far. Across the street from the institute were some little motels, so I stayed there. I can't remember the name but I did not have a problem getting a room. I got there on Thrusday to have my ultrasound done and the guy who did it was a pinhead. It took 5 minutes, no pain and my fascia was 5mm and 6mm on left and right foot. It should only be 2-3mm thick. Bring $100 cash for this guy, he won't take credit cards. Friday am I had the treatment. I was given the full dosage of shocks which was like 1600 shocks. I was given a nerve block which was no big deal. My entire foot was numb so I did not feel anything on the heel. But for the last 2-3 minutes of the procedure I could feel the shocks thru my ankle. It was pretty bad, but since the shocks come in waves, you get a few seconds in between to catch your breath to brace yourself. It is tolerable but uncomfortable. The whole thing lasted 10-12 minutes for me. The more shocks he is able to give you, the faster the treatment is over.

I suffered for 3 years. I am a rugby player, runner, triathlete, etc and have been forced into retirement becuase of this. I am at 11 weeks today and I can say I have a 40% improvement. I have had a harder time than Martha and Duanne. I don't know why, but they have had more relief than I. Martha had it 2 weeks ago and she already has a 50%improvment. Read back and you should see their postings. Dr Galea wanted me to wait a few more weeks, then he wants me to come back for a second treatment. He has given me clearance to run and even though I am in pain, I am going to do it. Running is very important to me. So I hope I answered all of your questions. Feel free to email me if you have more questions hearley@ibm.net

Oh and my pain was debilitating. I had a severe limp, swelling, bruising and was literally crippled. I could go grocery shopping or even stand at the sink to prepare dinner with out severe pain, so I feel for you. Sorry if I rambled.

DanW on 9/30/99 at 00:00 (011368)

Dear Jennh, I am a fellow sufferer of PF and am cosidering going to see Dr Galea. I would like to know how much the treatment was and where you stayed when you went to canada. Sounds like a strange request but the nurse has not called me back yet to give me any info. I am very impatient having suffered for five years and am now totally disabled with pain. Are you doing better? I dont think I could bare to get any worse, and am afraid to get surgery. Your Friend DanW

Jennh on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011398)

Hi Dan, okay I'll give you my history. First off I am very impatient and bugged those people at the Institute of Sports Medicine until I scheduled an appointment. Second, I drove from chicago. I booked a hotel room from some place I found on the internet but it really turned out to be too far. Across the street from the institute were some little motels, so I stayed there. I can't remember the name but I did not have a problem getting a room. I got there on Thrusday to have my ultrasound done and the guy who did it was a pinhead. It took 5 minutes, no pain and my fascia was 5mm and 6mm on left and right foot. It should only be 2-3mm thick. Bring $100 cash for this guy, he won't take credit cards. Friday am I had the treatment. I was given the full dosage of shocks which was like 1600 shocks. I was given a nerve block which was no big deal. My entire foot was numb so I did not feel anything on the heel. But for the last 2-3 minutes of the procedure I could feel the shocks thru my ankle. It was pretty bad, but since the shocks come in waves, you get a few seconds in between to catch your breath to brace yourself. It is tolerable but uncomfortable. The whole thing lasted 10-12 minutes for me. The more shocks he is able to give you, the faster the treatment is over.

I suffered for 3 years. I am a rugby player, runner, triathlete, etc and have been forced into retirement becuase of this. I am at 11 weeks today and I can say I have a 40% improvement. I have had a harder time than Martha and Duanne. I don't know why, but they have had more relief than I. Martha had it 2 weeks ago and she already has a 50%improvment. Read back and you should see their postings. Dr Galea wanted me to wait a few more weeks, then he wants me to come back for a second treatment. He has given me clearance to run and even though I am in pain, I am going to do it. Running is very important to me. So I hope I answered all of your questions. Feel free to email me if you have more questions hearley@ibm.net

Oh and my pain was debilitating. I had a severe limp, swelling, bruising and was literally crippled. I could go grocery shopping or even stand at the sink to prepare dinner with out severe pain, so I feel for you. Sorry if I rambled.