Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF sufferer

Posted by RandyB on 9/29/99 at 00:00 (011352)

Okay, I have had enough. Have been suffering for about 8 months now. Went to a podiatrist and she recommended orthotics. They work okay (sort of) for regular everyday activities, but for extended walks or any type physical exertion did not help. I am considering surgery, but am worried about effects down the road. can someone advise who has been cured, or is there a cure?

Re: PF sufferer

John h on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011409)

i think that most people who have been 'cured' have long ago left this board. I had surgery 6 weeks ago and i suspect it will be a year before i pronounce myself cured or a failure. Most medical studies i see from hospitals such as the Mayo Clinic suggest surgery cures about 70-80%. The most important thing in my mind is to know what is really the problem. Is it an inflamed fascia, pinched nerve,etc. If the doctors really knew what was causing the pain they could be more effective in treating it. Facts seem to suggest PF is somewhat of a mystery to them as it is to us sufferers.

Re: PF sufferer

John h on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011409)

i think that most people who have been 'cured' have long ago left this board. I had surgery 6 weeks ago and i suspect it will be a year before i pronounce myself cured or a failure. Most medical studies i see from hospitals such as the Mayo Clinic suggest surgery cures about 70-80%. The most important thing in my mind is to know what is really the problem. Is it an inflamed fascia, pinched nerve,etc. If the doctors really knew what was causing the pain they could be more effective in treating it. Facts seem to suggest PF is somewhat of a mystery to them as it is to us sufferers.