Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

featherspring orthotics

Posted by Linda G on 9/30/99 at 00:00 (011379)

A friend of mine saw a pretty convincing ad regarding sending away for featherspring inserts. They send you a kit and do the measuring and send it back to them and they'll send you your custom inserts thru the mail. Has anybody heard about this????????

Re: featherspring orthotics

Bea on 9/30/99 at 00:00 (011381)

Fitting orthotics is pretty difficult. My accupuncturist tried to do it with a kit like you mention and we had to send them back many times for adjustment and they never were right. The best luck I had was when I was fitted by a podiatrist and the mold was made on my foot with some kind of plastic that was painted on and then dried to a hardness. This pattern was then sent to be made up.

Rod M on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011393)

I aree with Bea ! I have custom made orthotics and they have help a lot. Take a bit to get used to but feel goooood. The orthotist who made them said I could get the pre-cast ones but there was no guarantee they would do the same job. So I spent the extra and am happy I did so.

Gina C on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011400)

I ordered the Featherspring orthotics and sent them back for one adjustment, then returned them and had my deposit refunded to me. The feathersprings did not help me, but then neither did the custom-made orthotics from the podiatrist. I have done better with off-the shelf supports.

Jane B. on 10/02/99 at 00:00 (011427)

I received info on them. If it is the same thing. I did not order them because of the way they/you take the print of your foot. I believe it would be very difficult for them to know how high your arch is by this print. It is so difficult to find the right orthotic. I am still searching after 5 years...Good luck

DanW on 10/04/99 at 00:00 (011476)

Dear Linda, I am a pf sufferer and I can say that after trying every kind of orthotic, ie; plaster cast custom made, over the counter, birkenstocks, feathersprings, That the most helpful have been birkenstocks then feathersprings then over the counter then custom made, in that order. The feathersprings have really helped me to walk, because I developed neuromas while I was trying to heal from the tarsal fracture that I received after the injections. So If your not as bad as I was, you might not need the feathersprings, but I can tell you that whatever you choose to wear you will need to cange into a different one every so often because that just seems to be the nature of the pf beast.

Bea on 9/30/99 at 00:00 (011381)

Fitting orthotics is pretty difficult. My accupuncturist tried to do it with a kit like you mention and we had to send them back many times for adjustment and they never were right. The best luck I had was when I was fitted by a podiatrist and the mold was made on my foot with some kind of plastic that was painted on and then dried to a hardness. This pattern was then sent to be made up.

Rod M on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011393)

I aree with Bea ! I have custom made orthotics and they have help a lot. Take a bit to get used to but feel goooood. The orthotist who made them said I could get the pre-cast ones but there was no guarantee they would do the same job. So I spent the extra and am happy I did so.

Gina C on 10/01/99 at 00:00 (011400)

I ordered the Featherspring orthotics and sent them back for one adjustment, then returned them and had my deposit refunded to me. The feathersprings did not help me, but then neither did the custom-made orthotics from the podiatrist. I have done better with off-the shelf supports.

Jane B. on 10/02/99 at 00:00 (011427)

I received info on them. If it is the same thing. I did not order them because of the way they/you take the print of your foot. I believe it would be very difficult for them to know how high your arch is by this print. It is so difficult to find the right orthotic. I am still searching after 5 years...Good luck

DanW on 10/04/99 at 00:00 (011476)

Dear Linda, I am a pf sufferer and I can say that after trying every kind of orthotic, ie; plaster cast custom made, over the counter, birkenstocks, feathersprings, That the most helpful have been birkenstocks then feathersprings then over the counter then custom made, in that order. The feathersprings have really helped me to walk, because I developed neuromas while I was trying to heal from the tarsal fracture that I received after the injections. So If your not as bad as I was, you might not need the feathersprings, but I can tell you that whatever you choose to wear you will need to cange into a different one every so often because that just seems to be the nature of the pf beast.