Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

update-good news

Posted by Andi K on 10/02/99 at 00:00 (011430)

Hi all. I haven't been here since June so I thought I'd update you on my progress. To find out how my story goes, search for my posting in May, 99. I am pain free now. I exercise about 5 days a week and am certain I can do more than that. The key was rest. My doctor suggested surgery. I opted to take about 7 months off from my extreme exercising and just rest. Other changes I've made:I continue to wear the night splint about 4 nights/week, no step classes and rarely run. I use the elliptical trainer machine, spin classes (cycling), and believe it or not, tennis (but only once/week). I wear birks in the house and arch supports in all my outdoor shoes. I traded in the 5-speed for an automatic car and I also adhere fairly closely to Sugar-Busters. Some days I feel my heal a little achy, but no pain. I am sure to wear my night splint after a day such as that. I hope the pf never causes me the pain I endured for over a year. But if it does, I'll be sure to rest it immediately for as long as it takes to heal! Good luck to all.

Re: update-good news

Margaret F on 10/09/99 at 00:00 (011605)

Hi: This is my first exposure to this site as I am just now figuring out what I have. I cannot see myself completely stopping exercising as I do 4-5 times a week...can I train on an exercise bike ...I would assume the PreCor machine is out of the question...would appreciate some advice on how to stay in shape while trying to cure this pain. I have enjoyed reading the comments and hope to study this site to get advice on where I start.

Re: update-good news

Margaret F on 10/09/99 at 00:00 (011605)

Hi: This is my first exposure to this site as I am just now figuring out what I have. I cannot see myself completely stopping exercising as I do 4-5 times a week...can I train on an exercise bike ...I would assume the PreCor machine is out of the question...would appreciate some advice on how to stay in shape while trying to cure this pain. I have enjoyed reading the comments and hope to study this site to get advice on where I start.