Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To those who received ossatron treatment

Posted by Doug P on 10/03/99 at 00:00 (011452)

For those people who received the Ossatron treatment, and it has helped, what were your symptoms?

Re: To those who received ossatron treatment

Martha B. on 10/03/99 at 00:00 (011455)

Intense Pain in heels,calf,moving to toes,occasional leg cramps(charlie horses),barely able to make an 8 hr. work day,bed sheets even annoying.I am ELATED to say that 16 days after ossatron I am doing SO MUCH BETTER.Ossatron was more painful than I expected but
post procedure has been very good so far-I have slight discomfort but NOT pain.3 weeks before I had ossatron I read about Vioxx on this board and it really helped me before I had ossatron-try to get an Rx. for it. Good luck!!!!!!!

Jennh on 10/03/99 at 00:00 (011456)

Symptoms prior: extreme pain to touch, stand or walk. Crippling. Bruising and swelling. Woke me up at nights, severe limp.

Ossatron: it hurt like hell the last few minutes and I had a rough time afterwards. The thursday after the treatment the pain was so bad that I threw up. It has been slow for me but I am just over 11 weeks and have had a 40% improvment. However, today for the first time since I can remember I do not have any heel pain at all. I will be going back for another treatment in a few weeks.

Hope this helps.

joan on 10/03/99 at 00:00 (011470)

I am so glad you girls are doing better. I hope you get better and better as time goes on...I am feeling hopeful about orthotripsy as I keep up with your messages. I have a question--will they do the orthotripsy on someone who has pf but not to the intensity that you two are describing? I definitely have a case of it, and I am sure my fasciawould test out as thick enough to qualify--however, my pain level, though in no way fun, is not to the excruciating degree you two describe. Nevertheless, if orthotripsy is a way to get to the root of this problem and effect a more complete cure, I'd be willing to go through the pain. Do you think I'd fit the criteria? My fascia is shortened enough to make my toes curl, and though I ran tonight for the first time in nearly two years (yea! 23 minutes, slowly!), I did feel the constant pulling and inflexibility in the affected foot. Input? Thanks and good luck in your continued healing and moving through to the other side of this affliction!

Martha B. on 10/04/99 at 00:00 (011492)

PLEASE look up http://www.orthotripsy.com and see what you think.I would sure look into sending my records up there(I did this)and get them reviewed by Dr. Galea.The indications are on his website and sounds to me like you will qualify,especially with the toe curling problem.Donna is his contact person and you will need to pursue them with a vengenence if they don't get back to you quickly.This is a hint I got from Jenn and it worked!!!!!!! If I can help in anyway just Email me-Jenn was so nice and helpful to me so would be happy to pass on her kindness to someone else.

joan on 10/04/99 at 00:00 (011499)

thanks for the tips martha--i do believe i will follow up on this--i am hoping that if i do it, i will get significantly better---continued good wishes to you.

Trish on 10/06/99 at 00:00 (011541)

What is the address for Dr. Galea's website?

Martha B. on 10/06/99 at 00:00 (011545)

Try http://www.orthotripsy .com for Dr. Galea

Martha B. on 10/03/99 at 00:00 (011455)

Intense Pain in heels,calf,moving to toes,occasional leg cramps(charlie horses),barely able to make an 8 hr. work day,bed sheets even annoying.I am ELATED to say that 16 days after ossatron I am doing SO MUCH BETTER.Ossatron was more painful than I expected but
post procedure has been very good so far-I have slight discomfort but NOT pain.3 weeks before I had ossatron I read about Vioxx on this board and it really helped me before I had ossatron-try to get an Rx. for it. Good luck!!!!!!!

Jennh on 10/03/99 at 00:00 (011456)

Symptoms prior: extreme pain to touch, stand or walk. Crippling. Bruising and swelling. Woke me up at nights, severe limp.

Ossatron: it hurt like hell the last few minutes and I had a rough time afterwards. The thursday after the treatment the pain was so bad that I threw up. It has been slow for me but I am just over 11 weeks and have had a 40% improvment. However, today for the first time since I can remember I do not have any heel pain at all. I will be going back for another treatment in a few weeks.

Hope this helps.

joan on 10/03/99 at 00:00 (011470)

I am so glad you girls are doing better. I hope you get better and better as time goes on...I am feeling hopeful about orthotripsy as I keep up with your messages. I have a question--will they do the orthotripsy on someone who has pf but not to the intensity that you two are describing? I definitely have a case of it, and I am sure my fasciawould test out as thick enough to qualify--however, my pain level, though in no way fun, is not to the excruciating degree you two describe. Nevertheless, if orthotripsy is a way to get to the root of this problem and effect a more complete cure, I'd be willing to go through the pain. Do you think I'd fit the criteria? My fascia is shortened enough to make my toes curl, and though I ran tonight for the first time in nearly two years (yea! 23 minutes, slowly!), I did feel the constant pulling and inflexibility in the affected foot. Input? Thanks and good luck in your continued healing and moving through to the other side of this affliction!

Martha B. on 10/04/99 at 00:00 (011492)

PLEASE look up http://www.orthotripsy.com and see what you think.I would sure look into sending my records up there(I did this)and get them reviewed by Dr. Galea.The indications are on his website and sounds to me like you will qualify,especially with the toe curling problem.Donna is his contact person and you will need to pursue them with a vengenence if they don't get back to you quickly.This is a hint I got from Jenn and it worked!!!!!!! If I can help in anyway just Email me-Jenn was so nice and helpful to me so would be happy to pass on her kindness to someone else.

joan on 10/04/99 at 00:00 (011499)

thanks for the tips martha--i do believe i will follow up on this--i am hoping that if i do it, i will get significantly better---continued good wishes to you.

Trish on 10/06/99 at 00:00 (011541)

What is the address for Dr. Galea's website?

Martha B. on 10/06/99 at 00:00 (011545)

Try http://www.orthotripsy .com for Dr. Galea