Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF CAUSING SWELLING TO ANKLE ,PLEASE READ LONG TERM SUFFERER

Posted by CHRIS(B) on 10/05/99 at 00:00 (011503)

IVE HAD PF FOR ONE YEAR AND THE PAIN HAS MOVES FROM THE HEEL TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FOOT IAM FINDING IT VERY HARD TO WALK BECAUSE MY FOOT WONT BEND MEENING IAM WALKING FLAT FOOTED MY CALF MUSCLE HAS WASTED AND MY ANKLE IS LIKE A BALLON AND VERY PAINFUL TO TUCH MY DOCTOR HAS SENT ME FOR A BONE SCAN AND IVE HAD BLOOD TESTS ANY HELP OUT THERE

Re: PF CAUSING SWELLING TO ANKLE ,PLEASE READ LONG TERM SUFFERER

Lee H on 10/05/99 at 00:00 (011517)

I have had pf for over a year now and find on many days my ankles are hurting. They almost feel like they are badly bruised. My pain seems to shift constantly. One day it can be in the heel, the next in the toe joints, the calves, the arch or the ankles. I think it is all in the way you walk to compensate for the heel and arch pain. It throws the whole foot and leg off and make it so the feet are not functioning correctly. What are they looking for in the bone scans and blood work? So far I havn't found any help but I will continue to look. Good luck!!

john h on 10/05/99 at 00:00 (011519)

no cure but be sure and ice the ankle/foot at least 2 times a day for 20 minutes and keep the foot or feet above your heart when possible.

john h on 10/07/99 at 00:00 (011551)

another thing to help control swelling is 'support hose or stockings' which can be purchased at many drug stores.

Lee H on 10/05/99 at 00:00 (011517)

I have had pf for over a year now and find on many days my ankles are hurting. They almost feel like they are badly bruised. My pain seems to shift constantly. One day it can be in the heel, the next in the toe joints, the calves, the arch or the ankles. I think it is all in the way you walk to compensate for the heel and arch pain. It throws the whole foot and leg off and make it so the feet are not functioning correctly. What are they looking for in the bone scans and blood work? So far I havn't found any help but I will continue to look. Good luck!!

john h on 10/05/99 at 00:00 (011519)

no cure but be sure and ice the ankle/foot at least 2 times a day for 20 minutes and keep the foot or feet above your heart when possible.

john h on 10/07/99 at 00:00 (011551)

another thing to help control swelling is 'support hose or stockings' which can be purchased at many drug stores.