Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ossatron update!!!

Posted by suzi on 10/05/99 at 00:00 (011531)

Well it has been almost one year since my first ossatron treatment by Dr. Galea in Toronto and I am so happy to say that I am doing much, much better!! I had a second treatment done and that helped tremendously! For those of you who haven't followed my saga, I am 31 yrs. old and suffered with pf for 6 years! Got it from having flat feet and doing step aerobics. I tried EVERY treatment available, including a failed fascia release by a very prominent foot and ankle Dr. Ossatron was my last hope and it has been a blessing! I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE anyone who has the ossatron done to follow up DAILY with foot strengthening exercises, NO EXCUSES!! These exercises are so important in building up strength in our poor weak feet! I never did these before and they have made such a huge difference. This is what I do daily.

1. scrunch a pillowcase with my toes while sitting in a chair using my bathroom floor not carpet! works much better than a towel. I do this about 15-20 times. start out slowly and work your way up. As your foot gets stronger, add a soup can or any small weight to the top of the pillow case for added resistance.
2. pick up marbles with my toes one at a time starting out slowly and over time working up to 5 minutes.
3. thera band exercises which Dr. Galea gave me a xerox sheet but any physical therapist can supply the thera bands and show the exercises!
4. Balancing on a mini trampoline for 2 minutes on each foot to strengthen my ankles.

I still do deep water aqua aerobics and deep water running 3x a week with an aqua jogger. I never would have tried this form of exercise had I not had pf, and it is the most incredible workout when you really push yourself to work hard! I can now take walks almost every day without pain. I have completely changed my lifestyle! Don't be discouraged by the pain the ossatron causes, healing takes a very long time but it's worth the wait!
I cannot stress enough how wonderful this new treatment is!
good luck to all!
suzi

Re: ossatron update!!!

Bea on 10/07/99 at 00:00 (011547)

What great news Suzi. Warms my heart. Glad to hear about you once again, keep up the good work.

Viola B. on 10/07/99 at 00:00 (011557)

Since your treatment, do you have any pain in you feet/heels when you get out of bed in the morning? That is the biggest problem for me, but heat and messaging helps greatly. However, I hope that I will not have to do that for the rest of my life. It takes about 15 mins. every morning before I get out of bed.

suzi on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011579)

I have no pain at all in the morning, however I always stretch my hamstrings first thing in the morning with my leg and foot straight up in the air which seems to help losen up my foot!!!!

kellyc on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011580)

I'm having mine done on October 19th. Can't wait!!!
Did you have much trouble right after having it done?
I'm concerned about needing to be off work.

MarthaB. on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011585)

It's been 3 weeks since I had the Ossatron and I am doing MUCH better than I expected at this stage.Have soreness but not intense pain like I had before.I felt a little puny the day after Ossatron but even went to Niagra Falls the next day.Depending on the amount of time u are on your feet at your job,u might just want to take the next day off.Everyone is so different-I haven't even had a tylenol in 2 1/2 weeks.Remember-no icing,antiinflams,advil etc. ossatron-only tylenol.
Where are you having yours done???Good luck!!!!You won't regret it.

Bea on 10/07/99 at 00:00 (011547)

What great news Suzi. Warms my heart. Glad to hear about you once again, keep up the good work.

Viola B. on 10/07/99 at 00:00 (011557)

Since your treatment, do you have any pain in you feet/heels when you get out of bed in the morning? That is the biggest problem for me, but heat and messaging helps greatly. However, I hope that I will not have to do that for the rest of my life. It takes about 15 mins. every morning before I get out of bed.

suzi on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011579)

I have no pain at all in the morning, however I always stretch my hamstrings first thing in the morning with my leg and foot straight up in the air which seems to help losen up my foot!!!!

kellyc on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011580)

I'm having mine done on October 19th. Can't wait!!!
Did you have much trouble right after having it done?
I'm concerned about needing to be off work.

MarthaB. on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011585)

It's been 3 weeks since I had the Ossatron and I am doing MUCH better than I expected at this stage.Have soreness but not intense pain like I had before.I felt a little puny the day after Ossatron but even went to Niagra Falls the next day.Depending on the amount of time u are on your feet at your job,u might just want to take the next day off.Everyone is so different-I haven't even had a tylenol in 2 1/2 weeks.Remember-no icing,antiinflams,advil etc. ossatron-only tylenol.
Where are you having yours done???Good luck!!!!You won't regret it.