Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

twelve weeks since my orthotripsy

Posted by jennh on 10/06/99 at 00:00 (011540)

I am coming up on 12 weeks and my improvment this week has been dramatic. I would say that I went from a 40% improvment to a 70% improvment.(70%pain free) It has been amazing. So to all those out there, I highly recommend this. I had a very hard recovery and it took a long time for me to get here but it was worth it.

Re: twelve weeks since my orthotripsy

Georgiana G. on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011577)

My doctor just diagnosed my heel pain as 'Haglund's Deformity' and said that if the heel inserts didn't help, surgery would be the answer. My problem is that I need to know what to expect after surgery, since I cannot place a lot of weight on my hands and elbows (carpal tunnel)by using crutches. Can I place my full body weight on my feet after surgery? Anything you can tell me about after-surgery problems will be appreciated.

Jennh on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011618)

Feel free to email me to discuss further. The orthotripsy is a non-invasive surgical procedure. It is based on 'lithrotripsy' which sends shock waves to the kidneys to break up kidney stones. The orthotripsy sends shock waves to the heel to break up the bone spur which will promote healing to the heel and plantar fascia. For more info go to the http://www.orthotripsy.com website. They don't do it in the usa yet, so I went to Canada. I will be going back for another one in a few weeks. You can walk right out of the doctor's office after it is done. You get a nerve block and some novocain for the procedure. I had a real hard time afterwards. Don't know why. But read Martha's postings. She just had it done a few weeks ago and she has made really good progress. Mohez will be getting it done I believe this week. So there are several people on the site who post regularly that have had or are going to have this done. And if you decide to contact Canada to have it done, please bug the hell out of them. They take their time in answering e-mail and phone calls. Let me know if you have any more questions. Jenn

Georgiana G. on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011577)

My doctor just diagnosed my heel pain as 'Haglund's Deformity' and said that if the heel inserts didn't help, surgery would be the answer. My problem is that I need to know what to expect after surgery, since I cannot place a lot of weight on my hands and elbows (carpal tunnel)by using crutches. Can I place my full body weight on my feet after surgery? Anything you can tell me about after-surgery problems will be appreciated.

Jennh on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011618)

Feel free to email me to discuss further. The orthotripsy is a non-invasive surgical procedure. It is based on 'lithrotripsy' which sends shock waves to the kidneys to break up kidney stones. The orthotripsy sends shock waves to the heel to break up the bone spur which will promote healing to the heel and plantar fascia. For more info go to the http://www.orthotripsy.com website. They don't do it in the usa yet, so I went to Canada. I will be going back for another one in a few weeks. You can walk right out of the doctor's office after it is done. You get a nerve block and some novocain for the procedure. I had a real hard time afterwards. Don't know why. But read Martha's postings. She just had it done a few weeks ago and she has made really good progress. Mohez will be getting it done I believe this week. So there are several people on the site who post regularly that have had or are going to have this done. And if you decide to contact Canada to have it done, please bug the hell out of them. They take their time in answering e-mail and phone calls. Let me know if you have any more questions. Jenn