Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Tennis ball works too for massage

Posted by Jan R. on 10/07/99 at 00:00 (011554)

Good idea. My PT told me to put a tennis ball in the bottom of a pillow slip and either tie it off with a rubber band or tape. This works well too for a good massage and keeps the ball from moving too much.

Violab@bellsouth.net on 10/09/99 at 00:00 (011602)

Haven't tried the golf ball - thought it might be too hard. I have started using a tennis ball - sure beats wearing out my fingers. The tennis ball was suggested by my sister's PT. She suffered from PF for a short time but no longer sufferers so I know there is hope. I must say that everything that I have tried that has helped my PF I got the idea from THIS BOARD.

Sandy K on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011613)

Have tried the tennis ball (apprx. 3wks), stretching w/towel and plastic coke bottle w/frozen water about two weeks. All seem to help. Guess the best idea is anything that stretches the calf and foot muscles without weight bearing is benificial, at least not harmful. And a lot of this can be done at a desk, while watching t.v., riding in a vechicle, watching a pot boil?, or ?. Guess we just have to be creative. Anyone have any of those 'I did it while............' ideas?

Violab@bellsouth.net on 10/09/99 at 00:00 (011602)

Haven't tried the golf ball - thought it might be too hard. I have started using a tennis ball - sure beats wearing out my fingers. The tennis ball was suggested by my sister's PT. She suffered from PF for a short time but no longer sufferers so I know there is hope. I must say that everything that I have tried that has helped my PF I got the idea from THIS BOARD.

Sandy K on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011613)

Have tried the tennis ball (apprx. 3wks), stretching w/towel and plastic coke bottle w/frozen water about two weeks. All seem to help. Guess the best idea is anything that stretches the calf and foot muscles without weight bearing is benificial, at least not harmful. And a lot of this can be done at a desk, while watching t.v., riding in a vechicle, watching a pot boil?, or ?. Guess we just have to be creative. Anyone have any of those 'I did it while............' ideas?