Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Stuart - Yes! Believe it or not!!

Posted by laurie m. on 10/07/99 at 00:00 (011558)

Well, I was diagnosed about 1.5 years ago and it's been a hell of a journey. I came to the conclusion that things must get horrendously worse and go through a whole cycle, before it gets better. I took 2 months off work this summer and made sure i was going easy on my feet though i did a lot of camping etc., just was more cautious. I'v done the whole gammut of pt, orthodics, shots, icing, stretching, anti-inflams, etc.... i believe rest is the ticket. if able, give your feet enough time to begin healing up then go about things cautiously. I was honestly beginning to think that i would have to amputate my feet. seriously.. Things have now improved and i can work a whole day, teaching.. and do other things besides. Howver i still can't shop much - and any activity related to that is hard on my feet.... and am very careful about how much pounding of the pavement i do. I would say my feet are about an 8 on a scale of 1-10. Maybe it is just pure luck that i am feeling better.. but i do believe, all that sitting around and taking care of myself was the key element in healing my feet.

This is not an easy condition to deal with. My thoughts are with you for better days ahead. Do take good care. Good luck to you.. Heal UP!!

laurie m.
(email removed)

Re: Stuart - Yes! Believe it or not!!

S Ballard on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011565)

Thanks everyone, for the optimist words, my feet feel better already. I shall look after them well and try to reverse the decline and slowly get back to ordinary life,. I really like someones description of PF as an absurdity, damn right!
Thanks again.

Re: Stuart - Yes! Believe it or not!!

S Ballard on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011565)

Thanks everyone, for the optimist words, my feet feel better already. I shall look after them well and try to reverse the decline and slowly get back to ordinary life,. I really like someones description of PF as an absurdity, damn right!
Thanks again.