Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Update

Posted by Chris B on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011583)

I've been off this board for the last three months and on the Atkins Diet Board. Thought the change of pace might help and wanted to drop some weight. Well the weight is droppinp, but no change in my feet. I have had PF for 16 months and decided to drop my Pod. last June when he said it was time for surgery. It seemed the more I went, the worse my feet got. I realized that my feet were no better after treatments for a year than when I started. I still take naprosyn for flareups and wear the nightsplint 6 nights a week. I also wear Birks, NB tennis shoes, and easy spirit with my orthodics. The only good news is that I work out at the gym 4-5 days a week. I use the weight machines, eliptical trainer, recumbent bike, treadmill (occasionly), amd the stepper. My pain is mild 24 hours a day. I got a mat for the shower and don't need shoes in there now. I also never go barefoot. It doesn't look like it will get better. Oh, when I first went to the Pod, it was only one foot- now both! I am thrilled that I can shop, and teach school on my feet- which was very difficult last year. I do run into people who have had surgery and are fine. It is still not in my thoughts for a looonnnngg time.
Good luck to all of you!

Re: Update

Bea on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011586)

I too have been suffering for a long time and have tried all the different creams and pills mentioned on this site with very little sucess but I just started taking Bromelain and while not a cure certainly has made my foot feel much better, not nearly so sensitve. Available at health food stores. It is described in detail on other messages on this board.

Denise O on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011621)

Please don't give up.... I just recently tried acupuncture..and for the first time in over 7months, I am leading my old life again!!! Most of the people that I've talked to, say it either works or it doesn't!! I have only had one treatment, which was mostly concentrated(more needles) on the worst foot, and will probably go back for more in the other!! I don't like needles..but it did not even come close to the cortisone in the heel pain!!! Good Luck!!

Bea on 10/08/99 at 00:00 (011586)

I too have been suffering for a long time and have tried all the different creams and pills mentioned on this site with very little sucess but I just started taking Bromelain and while not a cure certainly has made my foot feel much better, not nearly so sensitve. Available at health food stores. It is described in detail on other messages on this board.

Denise O on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011621)

Please don't give up.... I just recently tried acupuncture..and for the first time in over 7months, I am leading my old life again!!! Most of the people that I've talked to, say it either works or it doesn't!! I have only had one treatment, which was mostly concentrated(more needles) on the worst foot, and will probably go back for more in the other!! I don't like needles..but it did not even come close to the cortisone in the heel pain!!! Good Luck!!