Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is Strassburg Sock manipulating heelspurs.com?

Posted by Scott Roberts on 10/09/99 at 00:00 (011590)

John H said the Strassburg Sock is 'advertising' on the board, but I didn't see any posts from them. I have provided links to their site for 3 years, and they were paying a handsome advertising fee for about a year when they had banners. John H says they sent him a free pair after seeing his posts. I am wondering, has anybody else on the board received a free pair? This of course would generate comments about their product above and beyond other products, so I need to know if they are doing this. Also, I need to know if they (or any other products) are notifying only their succesful users to post on the board. This would bias the board in their favor because we wouldn't hear as mich from the failed users that may be out there.

Re: Is Strassburg Sock manipulating heelspurs.com?

wendy w on 10/09/99 at 00:00 (011595)

I have voluntarily endorsed several items, i.e. the arch brace and the night splint, but I assure you no one urged me to for commercial reasons. I think you are wise to carefully try to weed out any such commercial endorsements. Our faith lies in our trust in the other responders to this board; we may not agree, but we are free to chose.

Sue C on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011607)

I went to a large medical supply company in San Jose, Ca and tried the night splint. It seemed cumbersome, painful and awkward. I asked about the Strassburg sock as an alternative. The supply company said they never heard of it, checked catalogs to no avail, and asked their orthopedic consultant who had never heard of it. They laughed profusely when I told them I found out about it on the internet. It really made me mad. I was interested in the sock because my internist had PF and used an ace bandage to create a night stretch and found almost immediate relief. Any one else have success with the sock?

Sandy K. on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011610)

I am relatively new to this malady and this website. The malady I could do without, the website has been a blessing with the emotional support it gives.

Regarding different products and procedures: I am all ears of course, being new to this, and wanting to be rid of it as soon as possible. But the old words keep coming back, 'caveat emptor'='buyer beware'='if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'.

Sad as it may be, there are scams everywhere. It seems to me that sharing the information on a medium like this among common sufferers is the most honest way to determine the 'wheat from the chaff'. Common sense should tell us that different things will work for different people. I hope that we can all have this forum to air our successes and failures, and learn from others experiences without the interference of 'greedy commercial interests', not to be confused with the 'concerned and reliable commercial interests'. I also hope that we will somehow be given the wisdom to know the difference!

Mary S. on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011624)

Never heard of or used the sock, but have been using the ace bandage at night and get results in a short time! Would use it during the day but it doesn't fit in my shoe!!

Viola B. on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011625)

How do you use the ace bandage? Is there a special way that you wrap your foot? I am interested in trying this. Thanks for the idea.

john h on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011627)

i may have inadvertently created a firestorm when i posted strausberg sent me a free pair of strausberg socks. a long time ago when i was searching the net for something to cure PF with I came across The Strausberg Sock. I am not sure where as it may have even been in one of the foot magazines. i thought they were a good product at a reasonable price and mentioned them on this board. apparently some folks ordered some as a result of my post. strausberg sent me an e-mail thanking me for mentioning their product along with a Strausberg Sock. they did not ask me to mention the sock and at the time i do not even know if they knew scott's board existed. i think the guy who invented the sock is a physical thearapist and a small operator. i really do not think they are trying to manipulate anyone. like pharmacutical reps they probably give away some of their products.

wendy w on 10/09/99 at 00:00 (011595)

I have voluntarily endorsed several items, i.e. the arch brace and the night splint, but I assure you no one urged me to for commercial reasons. I think you are wise to carefully try to weed out any such commercial endorsements. Our faith lies in our trust in the other responders to this board; we may not agree, but we are free to chose.

Sue C on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011607)

I went to a large medical supply company in San Jose, Ca and tried the night splint. It seemed cumbersome, painful and awkward. I asked about the Strassburg sock as an alternative. The supply company said they never heard of it, checked catalogs to no avail, and asked their orthopedic consultant who had never heard of it. They laughed profusely when I told them I found out about it on the internet. It really made me mad. I was interested in the sock because my internist had PF and used an ace bandage to create a night stretch and found almost immediate relief. Any one else have success with the sock?

Sandy K. on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011610)

I am relatively new to this malady and this website. The malady I could do without, the website has been a blessing with the emotional support it gives.

Regarding different products and procedures: I am all ears of course, being new to this, and wanting to be rid of it as soon as possible. But the old words keep coming back, 'caveat emptor'='buyer beware'='if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'.

Sad as it may be, there are scams everywhere. It seems to me that sharing the information on a medium like this among common sufferers is the most honest way to determine the 'wheat from the chaff'. Common sense should tell us that different things will work for different people. I hope that we can all have this forum to air our successes and failures, and learn from others experiences without the interference of 'greedy commercial interests', not to be confused with the 'concerned and reliable commercial interests'. I also hope that we will somehow be given the wisdom to know the difference!

Mary S. on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011624)

Never heard of or used the sock, but have been using the ace bandage at night and get results in a short time! Would use it during the day but it doesn't fit in my shoe!!

Viola B. on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011625)

How do you use the ace bandage? Is there a special way that you wrap your foot? I am interested in trying this. Thanks for the idea.

john h on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011627)

i may have inadvertently created a firestorm when i posted strausberg sent me a free pair of strausberg socks. a long time ago when i was searching the net for something to cure PF with I came across The Strausberg Sock. I am not sure where as it may have even been in one of the foot magazines. i thought they were a good product at a reasonable price and mentioned them on this board. apparently some folks ordered some as a result of my post. strausberg sent me an e-mail thanking me for mentioning their product along with a Strausberg Sock. they did not ask me to mention the sock and at the time i do not even know if they knew scott's board existed. i think the guy who invented the sock is a physical thearapist and a small operator. i really do not think they are trying to manipulate anyone. like pharmacutical reps they probably give away some of their products.