Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain Companions!!!!

Posted by Mary S. on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011620)

I am new member in the center and I feel far less pain just knowing (it's a mental thing) how MANY of us there are in the world with the same affliction!! It is so confusing to know what works and what doesn't and to share all of this with you is comforting. I have had PF for almost a year now and have yet to visit a doctor because of all the same related differences given to me from my 'afflicted' friends who have visited their physician!! I've tried the shoe-thing, heating pads, the insert remedies and soaking in Epsom Salts. It all seems to work (for the interium)..but when I spend 8 hours a day on my feet...the end result is to just get off of the feet and REST!!! I share the pain and will try some of the methods..I especially like the stretch method Maureen D. perscribed. I've been trying that and it seems to already be doing a little good. Thanks to all!

Re: Pain Companions!!!!

maureen d on 10/12/99 at 00:00 (011669)

I'm glad the stretches seem to be helping. I realized after two months of doing them every morning, that my feet just felt so much better. For the first time in almost a year I'm going to start doing a little walking every other day, and see if my feet will tolerate it at this point. Good luck!

Mary S. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011714)

I have found that the ace bandage is the greatest thing in conjunction with the stretches. I do both now and am having wonderful results. I am on my feet 9 to 12 hours daily and during the day I practice the foot forward (toward knee) and down as far as it will go - straight legged (somewhat like when I took dancing). Even with my shoes on it helps so much. Then when I get home I put on the ace bandage in the arch (just below the heel) and prance around this house barefoot. It is just great. Every time I sit for a while I do the stretches...no matter where it is or where I am... even when I am in bed ---I just DO IT!! Don't you just love that?

From the time I read your stretches item..I KNEW. This is a matter of MIND over Matter... I don't concentrate on the pain, of which I realize I have a very high tolerance, but the duties at hand.

By the way, I am 68 years young and have a wonderful life working in an Elementary School Library -grades Kindergarten through Sixth grades. This keeps me on my 'toes' and not in my 'nose'!! Thanks for your support. Let me know what more of your yoga therapy . I am interested. It really works.... Thanks... MS

maureen d on 10/12/99 at 00:00 (011669)

I'm glad the stretches seem to be helping. I realized after two months of doing them every morning, that my feet just felt so much better. For the first time in almost a year I'm going to start doing a little walking every other day, and see if my feet will tolerate it at this point. Good luck!

Mary S. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011714)

I have found that the ace bandage is the greatest thing in conjunction with the stretches. I do both now and am having wonderful results. I am on my feet 9 to 12 hours daily and during the day I practice the foot forward (toward knee) and down as far as it will go - straight legged (somewhat like when I took dancing). Even with my shoes on it helps so much. Then when I get home I put on the ace bandage in the arch (just below the heel) and prance around this house barefoot. It is just great. Every time I sit for a while I do the stretches...no matter where it is or where I am... even when I am in bed ---I just DO IT!! Don't you just love that?

From the time I read your stretches item..I KNEW. This is a matter of MIND over Matter... I don't concentrate on the pain, of which I realize I have a very high tolerance, but the duties at hand.

By the way, I am 68 years young and have a wonderful life working in an Elementary School Library -grades Kindergarten through Sixth grades. This keeps me on my 'toes' and not in my 'nose'!! Thanks for your support. Let me know what more of your yoga therapy . I am interested. It really works.... Thanks... MS