Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heelspur...?

Posted by Bradley Barth on 10/10/99 at 00:00 (011632)

I just finished my first Softball Season. I'm only 36. I got some new Wolverine Workboots and wore them about 2 months with a piece of iron in the bottom that I didn't know was there and wasn't suppossed to be (a piece used in constructing the boot that sometimes gets left behind I was told). Those 2 thing plus an ingrown toenail on my Right foot have evedently put a real 'strain' on my left foot...

I have had an ever-increasing pain in the front of my left heel and my Dad suggested 'Heelspur'. I just figured it was those bars in my boots and I'd get better, but I didn't. I looked online here and found the discription on this sight about very painful 'first 2 or 3 steps in the morning' to be exactly what I am experiencing. I DO have very large calves (bodybuilding) that havn't been stretched in ages. I also have flat feet. Now I know I SHOULD go see a Doctor about this, but I havn't had very good luck doing that. It seems to be a heelspur kind of thing. Can't I just get a thick pad for my shoes (as suggested on the site here) and begin some serious stretching??? Do I stand a good chance of pushing this into remission since I've only had it about a month???
Thank you in advance...
Brad

Re: Heelspur...?

Lee H on 10/12/99 at 00:00 (011666)

Hi Brad, My suggestion is to see a Dr. ASAP. Don't just put it off. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get rid of. Your foot pain could be a number of things although the symptoms of the first step in the mornings is a good indication of PF. Read Scotts report on this and it will give you quite a few ideas on what may help while you are waiting for an appointment (stretching, ice, ect.) I waited about 8 months before seeing a doc and I did serious damage to my feet. Don't do that!! It's much easier to cure when it's new.

Re: Heelspur...?

Lee H on 10/12/99 at 00:00 (011666)

Hi Brad, My suggestion is to see a Dr. ASAP. Don't just put it off. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get rid of. Your foot pain could be a number of things although the symptoms of the first step in the mornings is a good indication of PF. Read Scotts report on this and it will give you quite a few ideas on what may help while you are waiting for an appointment (stretching, ice, ect.) I waited about 8 months before seeing a doc and I did serious damage to my feet. Don't do that!! It's much easier to cure when it's new.