Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

5 months post surgery

Posted by Lori S. on 10/11/99 at 00:00 (011636)

My 5 month anniversary today! Until this weekend, there seemed to be an improvement. This weekend, we walked all over Las Vegas and my foot is pretty sore. I still ice every night. I don't take any meds. My Dr. just told me that the complete pain/soreness relief could take from 6 months to a year. My other foot is doing real well since 4 accupuncture treatments. Hopefully this will continue as I don't want to have surgery, again, next summer.
All in all, there IS an improvement in my surgeried foot. I just wish it were more. Yes, I'm still glad I did the surgery BUT I wish I had tried accunpuncture before going through all of this. A year is a long time to heal, but I lived with PF and bone spurs for over 10 years and had tried EVERYTHING (but accupuncture) before the surgery.
It seems that many remedies worked for a while but stopped working after a length of time. (shots, meds, stretching, etc.) I guess we all have to try everything and hope that something works.
Lori in AZ

Re: 5 months post surgery

john h on 10/11/99 at 00:00 (011640)

lori & el j: having had open pf surgery 7 weeks ago i would be interested to know if your doctors advised you to stretch the fascia on the foot with surgery and at what point did they say to start stretching. my doctor also advised me it could take up to a year to heal. lori: did you continue to have pain at the site of the surgery up until recently. did doctor advise you to massage the site of the surgery where scar tissue forms? i also have PF in my other foot and i can see where it would take up to a year before you would even consider doing the the 2nd foot. i think i probably expect to much to soon and as the doctor did not mention stretching i have avoided that which 'may' be a mistake.

Re: 5 months post surgery

john h on 10/11/99 at 00:00 (011640)

lori & el j: having had open pf surgery 7 weeks ago i would be interested to know if your doctors advised you to stretch the fascia on the foot with surgery and at what point did they say to start stretching. my doctor also advised me it could take up to a year to heal. lori: did you continue to have pain at the site of the surgery up until recently. did doctor advise you to massage the site of the surgery where scar tissue forms? i also have PF in my other foot and i can see where it would take up to a year before you would even consider doing the the 2nd foot. i think i probably expect to much to soon and as the doctor did not mention stretching i have avoided that which 'may' be a mistake.