Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I thought I had it bad!

Posted by Suz R. on 10/12/99 at 00:00 (011678)

According to what I have read, my PF is not bad at all.
I am a dancer, who is barefoot or wearing shoes with no arch support 10-12 hours a day! I am happy to realize that the pain I complain of is not the worst it could be. I hope you all do much better in the future, as for me, I'll quit my complaining and continue living my life. P.S. I like the tape, but I use sports tape wrapped 3 to 4 times around my arch (back towards the heel) it has helped tremendously, Especially since I need my traction when I am barefoot on the hardwood floors of the dance studio.

Goodluck to all of you!

Re: I thought I had it bad!

Mary S. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011710)

I love your attitude and fortitude!! I do the ace bandage daily when I get home from work..in the exact spot as you specified!! Barefoot it through the evening and live almost pain free with this method. I do the stretch excercises whenever possible. By the way, I am 68 years young, work in a large elementary school library and am on my FEET for 9 to 12 hours daily!! My favorite shoes are Reebok's Walk DMX...wear them EVERY day.. occasionally alternate with RocSports ProWalker. I find that the alternating is good for the calves as well as the appearance and attitude!!! (Mind over matter...if you don't mind .. it doesn't matter!!) Keep up your good work and so will I!!! :-D

Re: I thought I had it bad!

Mary S. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011710)

I love your attitude and fortitude!! I do the ace bandage daily when I get home from work..in the exact spot as you specified!! Barefoot it through the evening and live almost pain free with this method. I do the stretch excercises whenever possible. By the way, I am 68 years young, work in a large elementary school library and am on my FEET for 9 to 12 hours daily!! My favorite shoes are Reebok's Walk DMX...wear them EVERY day.. occasionally alternate with RocSports ProWalker. I find that the alternating is good for the calves as well as the appearance and attitude!!! (Mind over matter...if you don't mind .. it doesn't matter!!) Keep up your good work and so will I!!! :-D