Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recurrence of PF

Posted by Lori S on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011684)

First of all, as I'm sick of the spam, a friend suggested typing 'nospam' in front of my e-mail address. We shall see if it works.
As I've said before, I've suffered with PF for over 10 years. During that time, there were several episodes of NO PAIN that lasted for several months. Unfortunately, I have NO IDEA why this happened. I just woke up one morning and could walk with no pain.
I think PF is a curious disease that has a mind of it's own. Different things work for different people. All we can do is try all of the things and see what works for each of us!
Lori in AZ

Re: Recurrence of PF

SharonH on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011783)

I am checking the board after being painfree for almost a year and now my feet are hurting again. My tips for a new person to this terrible ailment: I used ice in a water/pop bottle. Roll your foot on it when you are sitting at the computer. It stretches your foot and reduces the inflammation. I also take 500 mg of Naproxen once or twice a day. I have kept up the once a day pill for a year but think I better start back on the twice a day for awhile. Wearing Birkstenstock sandals and shoes religiously for the past year seemed to help a lot. The shoes really helped because they also kept my foot more rigid. I tried the night splints, the orthotics in my tennis shoes, etc. but I found that ice, pain medication, and the Birks seemed to be the best for me. I am also overweight which doesn't help a lot. I don't know why I have had this flareup. I am also looking for any new ideas. Keep the faith. Prayers work wonders. Sharon

Re: Recurrence of PF

SharonH on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011783)

I am checking the board after being painfree for almost a year and now my feet are hurting again. My tips for a new person to this terrible ailment: I used ice in a water/pop bottle. Roll your foot on it when you are sitting at the computer. It stretches your foot and reduces the inflammation. I also take 500 mg of Naproxen once or twice a day. I have kept up the once a day pill for a year but think I better start back on the twice a day for awhile. Wearing Birkstenstock sandals and shoes religiously for the past year seemed to help a lot. The shoes really helped because they also kept my foot more rigid. I tried the night splints, the orthotics in my tennis shoes, etc. but I found that ice, pain medication, and the Birks seemed to be the best for me. I am also overweight which doesn't help a lot. I don't know why I have had this flareup. I am also looking for any new ideas. Keep the faith. Prayers work wonders. Sharon