Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Best shoes for heal spur

Posted by Susannah C. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011686)

I have recently developed a heal spur. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best type of shoes to buy. I think I got this thing by wearing cheap shoes with almost no support. Thanks.

Re: Best shoes for heal spur

john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011698)

nbc had a show this morning (today show) about the best walking shoe for women which you should bring up on their web site. go for a 'stable shoe' and put what ever insert works best for you. by shoes in the pm when your feet are the biggest and do not get them to small as our feet grow larger each decade. when i was 20 my foot was an 8 1/2D my foot now is a 10 1/2 D so guess my age.

Viola B. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011711)

I looked for the story on the MSNBC and Today site but could not find it. Do you have the proper URL so that I can locate it?

SharonH on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011782)

I have had good success with birkenstocks. I wear the sandals all of the time and the shoes all winter. They are expensive but worth it. Lots of people never invest the money in the shoes but I found that they were more stable and helped my feet even more than the sandals.

iris on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011802)

i have tried so many different (expensive shoes)shoes and found that dansko clogs with the back strap are the best choice for me. i have bone spurs in both heels and i find the dansko clogs better than my sneakers with custom orthodics. i still have discomfort but it is less in these shoes than any others including mesphiso, new balance, sas, easy spirit etc. i hope this helps.

lauren b. on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011830)

sharon --

read your article on birkenstock shoes for winter -- am in the process
of ordering a pair on-line. Which ones did you try -- I have recently
been diagnosed with bi-lateral plantar faciitis.

lauren b. on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011831)

just diagnosed with bi-later plantar faciitis -- very frustrated --
which birkenstock winter shoes work well for you?

john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011698)

nbc had a show this morning (today show) about the best walking shoe for women which you should bring up on their web site. go for a 'stable shoe' and put what ever insert works best for you. by shoes in the pm when your feet are the biggest and do not get them to small as our feet grow larger each decade. when i was 20 my foot was an 8 1/2D my foot now is a 10 1/2 D so guess my age.

Viola B. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011711)

I looked for the story on the MSNBC and Today site but could not find it. Do you have the proper URL so that I can locate it?

SharonH on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011782)

I have had good success with birkenstocks. I wear the sandals all of the time and the shoes all winter. They are expensive but worth it. Lots of people never invest the money in the shoes but I found that they were more stable and helped my feet even more than the sandals.

iris on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011802)

i have tried so many different (expensive shoes)shoes and found that dansko clogs with the back strap are the best choice for me. i have bone spurs in both heels and i find the dansko clogs better than my sneakers with custom orthodics. i still have discomfort but it is less in these shoes than any others including mesphiso, new balance, sas, easy spirit etc. i hope this helps.

lauren b. on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011830)

sharon --

read your article on birkenstock shoes for winter -- am in the process
of ordering a pair on-line. Which ones did you try -- I have recently
been diagnosed with bi-lateral plantar faciitis.

lauren b. on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011831)

just diagnosed with bi-later plantar faciitis -- very frustrated --
which birkenstock winter shoes work well for you?