Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ossatron

Posted by john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011694)

i spoke to one of the officers in MedTronics who manufacturer the OssaTron. I asked him how big a spot on your foot do they hit with the shock waves and he indicated a spot about the size of a quarter. They pick the spot that is most tender upon palpatation. In Monterey, Mexico they do the procedure in a hospital setting and put you to sleep for about 8 minutes. The OssaTron actuall causes trauma to the underlying tissue and for whatever reason when it heals back you should have less or no pain. he indicated there is no know adverse reaction to ossatron. know one knows for sure why this machine works. it is used extensively in helping bones for a union, shoulder and tennis elbow. i know a number of us have posted that we can not find a spot to press on that hurts or have the classic early morning pain. i wonder if we would qualify for treatment. my understanding the first studies in the U.S. have ended or are ending soon and some results of the study of the Ossatron should be made available.

Re: ossatron

jennh on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011695)

I still have pain when I press on my heel. It is almost 13 weeks since I had my procedure. Some pain in the am but not much. But there is still quite a bit of pain when I press on the heel

john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011696)

i picked up a study of 20 patients who had ossatron treaments in Nashville, TN. with a Dr. Alveraz. If scott wants to post this i will send it to him or i could fax it to some of you if you have any interest. Ossatron treatmens must be administered by orthopedic surgeons from what i read. i would suspect if the ossatron gains FDA approval the Podiatrist might have a few words to say

john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011697)

sounds about right to me jennh if the ossatron does damage in the tissue as it it supposed to it will take some time to heal. I wonder if we could not achieve the same result by taking a hammer and knocking the fool out of our heel and then letting it heal up?

jennh on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011704)

it sure would have been a lot cheaper!

Mary S. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011707)

Who needs a hammer when we walk on the pain all the time?? We are hammered every moment of every day!

Martha B. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011709)

I too have heel soreness when I press on it.I actually have more discomfort when I squeeze the sides of my feet at the same time.I had the ossatron 31/2 weeks ago and feel so much better.I dont think Dr. Galea is an orthopedic surgeon but is in practice with one.I asked in Canada and was told that the machine cost 750 THOUSAND BUCKS.That probably means we wont have too many facilities to choose from.I consider the ossatron a success!!!! I am at least 60% better than before Ossatron.

Mohez on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011712)

Yep, Martha is correct. Dr. Galea is not an orthopedic surgeon, he is a doctor with some kind
of specialty in sports medicine. His patients include many olympic athletes ( too numerous to list
here - really not kidding, wait till you see is office ). His partner is a dr. John Gordon ( i think)
and he is an orthopedic surgeon ( that i am sure about ).

Mohez

john h on 10/14/99 at 00:00 (011737)

in reading the information from the 'www.ossatron.com' board it indicates that to be trained in use of the ossatron you should be an orthopedic surgeon with X amount of experience.

jennh on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011695)

I still have pain when I press on my heel. It is almost 13 weeks since I had my procedure. Some pain in the am but not much. But there is still quite a bit of pain when I press on the heel

john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011696)

i picked up a study of 20 patients who had ossatron treaments in Nashville, TN. with a Dr. Alveraz. If scott wants to post this i will send it to him or i could fax it to some of you if you have any interest. Ossatron treatmens must be administered by orthopedic surgeons from what i read. i would suspect if the ossatron gains FDA approval the Podiatrist might have a few words to say

john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011697)

sounds about right to me jennh if the ossatron does damage in the tissue as it it supposed to it will take some time to heal. I wonder if we could not achieve the same result by taking a hammer and knocking the fool out of our heel and then letting it heal up?

jennh on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011704)

it sure would have been a lot cheaper!

Mary S. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011707)

Who needs a hammer when we walk on the pain all the time?? We are hammered every moment of every day!

Martha B. on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011709)

I too have heel soreness when I press on it.I actually have more discomfort when I squeeze the sides of my feet at the same time.I had the ossatron 31/2 weeks ago and feel so much better.I dont think Dr. Galea is an orthopedic surgeon but is in practice with one.I asked in Canada and was told that the machine cost 750 THOUSAND BUCKS.That probably means we wont have too many facilities to choose from.I consider the ossatron a success!!!! I am at least 60% better than before Ossatron.

Mohez on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011712)

Yep, Martha is correct. Dr. Galea is not an orthopedic surgeon, he is a doctor with some kind
of specialty in sports medicine. His patients include many olympic athletes ( too numerous to list
here - really not kidding, wait till you see is office ). His partner is a dr. John Gordon ( i think)
and he is an orthopedic surgeon ( that i am sure about ).

Mohez

john h on 10/14/99 at 00:00 (011737)

in reading the information from the 'www.ossatron.com' board it indicates that to be trained in use of the ossatron you should be an orthopedic surgeon with X amount of experience.