Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is MRI useful ?

Posted by Dan W on 10/14/99 at 00:00 (011719)

I think that I need an MRI to show the extent of the damage that the injections have caused. Any imput would be appreciated.

Re: Is MRI useful ?

Jan R. on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011742)

Dan, what kind of damage have you had with the injections? I have had 8 cortisone shots in the last 2 years and I finally stop seeing my Pod. Dr. when he wanted to keep giving me more. I still have problems with pain in my feet and wonder if the cort. shots have actually made it worse. Just wondering what problems you have had from the injections?

Dan W on 10/16/99 at 00:00 (011776)

Dear Jan, I was given two shots in my heel. The first shot helped some, after three months I went back to the doctor because the pain was worse than before the first shot. I asked for another one because I just could not walk. Ten days later, while I was at work, I bent down to pick up something off the floor, and my foot fractured. I think that I was given to much cortico-steroid in the shot, making it suseptible to this injury. I also after being totally disabled in the pain for over fourteen months have been wondering if I also did not rupture my fasciia. So I guess you could say that the shots were not administered correctly. I hope that this helps you. I wish that I had been given all the facts about steroids because I would not have received the shots in the first place. Your Friend Dan

peggy c on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011808)

You should only have 3 injections per year. This could lead to permanent damage to the bone and fasia. Then if the doctor doesn't inject them right you could have permament damage to the nerves. You need to read the article on this site. If they dont't help the first time, your waisting your money.

Jan R. on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011742)

Dan, what kind of damage have you had with the injections? I have had 8 cortisone shots in the last 2 years and I finally stop seeing my Pod. Dr. when he wanted to keep giving me more. I still have problems with pain in my feet and wonder if the cort. shots have actually made it worse. Just wondering what problems you have had from the injections?

Dan W on 10/16/99 at 00:00 (011776)

Dear Jan, I was given two shots in my heel. The first shot helped some, after three months I went back to the doctor because the pain was worse than before the first shot. I asked for another one because I just could not walk. Ten days later, while I was at work, I bent down to pick up something off the floor, and my foot fractured. I think that I was given to much cortico-steroid in the shot, making it suseptible to this injury. I also after being totally disabled in the pain for over fourteen months have been wondering if I also did not rupture my fasciia. So I guess you could say that the shots were not administered correctly. I hope that this helps you. I wish that I had been given all the facts about steroids because I would not have received the shots in the first place. Your Friend Dan

peggy c on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011808)

You should only have 3 injections per year. This could lead to permanent damage to the bone and fasia. Then if the doctor doesn't inject them right you could have permament damage to the nerves. You need to read the article on this site. If they dont't help the first time, your waisting your money.