Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Karen K

Posted by Hanne J on 10/14/99 at 00:00 (011727)

What kind of diagnosis did tou get?
My doc told me that PF often is connected to Bechtrews.
I've taken

Re: Karen K

Karen K on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011756)

What is bechtrews? I don't know the name of the particular arthritis but I will ask her at my next appt. in December. Your message did not all come through so you may want to redo it.

Hanne J on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011792)

Bechtrews is a kind of arthrits, but I don't know if it has another name in english. English is not my 1st language.
The rest... My doc told me that PF often is related to Bechtrews.
I took a bloodtest and also did a X-ray (or whatever it's called....)
All tests negative, but still it can be arthrits.
As I have problems with other joints too, I realy think it must be some kind of arthrits- but there are more than 200 different types. I have inflammations in the joints, they do not swell very much.

john h on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011829)

i was talking to my family doctor today about my long term problem with PF and he said that i might try treating it as fibromylgia. he said he frequently prescribes Elavil which is used to treat chronic pain as well as depression and other ailments. He indicated you need to use it for at least a month to see any results. I have not tried it but noted that the generic form is $6 for 30 capsules (one a day a bedtime).

Karen K on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011756)

What is bechtrews? I don't know the name of the particular arthritis but I will ask her at my next appt. in December. Your message did not all come through so you may want to redo it.

Hanne J on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011792)

Bechtrews is a kind of arthrits, but I don't know if it has another name in english. English is not my 1st language.
The rest... My doc told me that PF often is related to Bechtrews.
I took a bloodtest and also did a X-ray (or whatever it's called....)
All tests negative, but still it can be arthrits.
As I have problems with other joints too, I realy think it must be some kind of arthrits- but there are more than 200 different types. I have inflammations in the joints, they do not swell very much.

john h on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011829)

i was talking to my family doctor today about my long term problem with PF and he said that i might try treating it as fibromylgia. he said he frequently prescribes Elavil which is used to treat chronic pain as well as depression and other ailments. He indicated you need to use it for at least a month to see any results. I have not tried it but noted that the generic form is $6 for 30 capsules (one a day a bedtime).