Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ossatron and running

Posted by jeenh on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011745)

I went to my first rugby practice last night in a year. Boy am I out of shape. I've got new cleats and I taped my foot up nice and tight. I did get a little pain but it wasn't bad. The real key was today, and I feel fine. Foot hurt a little to get out of bed but minimal. My teammates commented on how my running gait had changed. They said I used to run lop-sided to overcompensate. And now they said I ran straight and did not look injured at all. Most were surprised that I came back as strong as I did. Thank god for weight training. I am on the sub list and may play tomorrow but it is not guarranteed. So I feel pretty good with the way things have progressed. I will keep you posted.

Re: ossatron and running

YokoS on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011748)

Glad to hear your progress.If you have golf ball available,
sit on couch, and rolling rolling golf ball by bottom of foot (especially arch area) after heavy activity. WOOOOOOO more pain right after ice, and golf ball massage, but feel much better next morning. I could not run (4miles) for 2 streight days many months. Since I saw golf ball massage post here and tried, I can re-start consecutive days jogging. So far only one week, but my condition is obviously progressed by golf ball.

john h on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011749)

about the golf balls: what brand & what compression?

YokoS on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011757)

Maxfli, 80.

YokoS on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011748)

Glad to hear your progress.If you have golf ball available,
sit on couch, and rolling rolling golf ball by bottom of foot (especially arch area) after heavy activity. WOOOOOOO more pain right after ice, and golf ball massage, but feel much better next morning. I could not run (4miles) for 2 streight days many months. Since I saw golf ball massage post here and tried, I can re-start consecutive days jogging. So far only one week, but my condition is obviously progressed by golf ball.

john h on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011749)

about the golf balls: what brand & what compression?

YokoS on 10/15/99 at 00:00 (011757)

Maxfli, 80.