Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Inserts and New Balance Shoes

Posted by Rick L. on 10/16/99 at 00:00 (011768)

Some of you appear to have been helped by New Balance Shoes. Is it the shoes alone, or do you use a particular insert with the New Balance Shoes.

Re: Inserts and New Balance Shoes

Sue C on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011807)

I first wore NB running shoes with just heel cushions. I had custom orthotics made, removed the footbed in the NB and noted that the footbed that comes with the shoe is worthless. I think I need a little higher heel than the running shoe offers. I don't think NB helped my situation.

Viola B. on 10/18/99 at 00:00 (011816)

I bought one pair of New Balance shoes and wore them for several days before finally returning them to the stoe. They just did not feel comfortable to me. A few days later, I bought a pair of New Balance running shoes. I wore them around the house to see how I liked them. I returned them, too. For me they did not seem to have enough cushioning. I am now in the process of looking at other brands. I know some people love them, but I don't think they are right for me.

Sue C on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011807)

I first wore NB running shoes with just heel cushions. I had custom orthotics made, removed the footbed in the NB and noted that the footbed that comes with the shoe is worthless. I think I need a little higher heel than the running shoe offers. I don't think NB helped my situation.

Viola B. on 10/18/99 at 00:00 (011816)

I bought one pair of New Balance shoes and wore them for several days before finally returning them to the stoe. They just did not feel comfortable to me. A few days later, I bought a pair of New Balance running shoes. I wore them around the house to see how I liked them. I returned them, too. For me they did not seem to have enough cushioning. I am now in the process of looking at other brands. I know some people love them, but I don't think they are right for me.