Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstocks

Posted by Beth D. on 10/16/99 at 00:00 (011769)

Hi All! I just bought a second pair of Birkenstocks to wear outdoors for the cooler months in PA. They are a clog style. I am very happy with the way my feet feel in them. I can go until about 5PM (when my feet swell?) before the excess warmth and discomfort set in. My question is: how much walking can be done in Birks? I'm kind of afaid to try too far. I seem to get pain fairly fast with my New Balance walking shoes and Reebok workout shoes if I use them for walking. I guess after about 20 minutes I'm in the warmth/pain zone and have to start stretching out my calf wherever I am. I took out the rigid 3/4 orthotic after the second podiatrist said my feet were not overpronated or had a bad arch. I feel like the less I walk, the better. I have minimal soreness when I press in on the PF spot. I've taken myself off all vitamins and medications in order to have some true feelings. Best to you all and thanks for being here!

Beth