Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

just got back from my rugby game

Posted by jennh on 10/16/99 at 00:00 (011770)

I did play a whole game, fortunately it was only 20 minute halves instead of the usual 40 minute halves. I taped my foot up night and tight and felt no pain at all during the game. No pain this morning, warming up and now, that it has been 2 hours since I played, no pain either. Granted, I got the !@#$% kicked out of me and every muscle is sore, but as far as the heel pain. Nothing. I can't tell you how happy I am and how good it feels to be back out there!!! Please consider the ossatron as a form of treatment. I went from being able to not walk/stand without severe pain to playing rugby in 13 weeks. My recovery was long and slow but even some of the girls commented that I stopped running with that lop-sided gait. I will let you know when I go for my second treatment.

Re: just got back from my rugby game

Dan W on 10/16/99 at 00:00 (011779)

Dear Jennh, I was glad to see your progress has been so swift. With me it is just one painful day at a time. I hope that you dont overdo it. I would like to know how your second treatment goes, it sounds like you dont even need it. Im going to send some of my information to dr. Galea, to see if I qualify for the treatment. My podiatrist says that he would rather see me get epf surgery. Im not sure of what to do. But I do know that Im so tired of the constant pain, that I would probably do just about anything to be at peace. Well, Once again cogratulations on beating this beast. I hope I can be as courageous as you. Take care, Your buddy Dan in calif.

jennh on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011787)

It is the day after my rugby game and I am feeling some pain in my heel. I felt it as I got up and I still feel it a little. It is not bad though. It is definitly tolerable. There is also a little swelling. I've done some stretching and it feels a little better. So I know I am not of the woods yet.

Dan W on 10/16/99 at 00:00 (011779)

Dear Jennh, I was glad to see your progress has been so swift. With me it is just one painful day at a time. I hope that you dont overdo it. I would like to know how your second treatment goes, it sounds like you dont even need it. Im going to send some of my information to dr. Galea, to see if I qualify for the treatment. My podiatrist says that he would rather see me get epf surgery. Im not sure of what to do. But I do know that Im so tired of the constant pain, that I would probably do just about anything to be at peace. Well, Once again cogratulations on beating this beast. I hope I can be as courageous as you. Take care, Your buddy Dan in calif.

jennh on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011787)

It is the day after my rugby game and I am feeling some pain in my heel. I felt it as I got up and I still feel it a little. It is not bad though. It is definitly tolerable. There is also a little swelling. I've done some stretching and it feels a little better. So I know I am not of the woods yet.