Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ibuprofen on backorder and...

Posted by Sarah on 10/17/99 at 00:00 (011804)

I tried to order online during mid September and the Life Extension Company had some corrupted files. As a result my order was lost. I reordered early October and was told the item was in the warehouse. I still didn't get it so I called last week and the sales person said that it had just cleared customs and was in the warehouse. But, I still didn't have my cream by Friday so I callled again. This time I spoke to a customer service manager who said their order of 1,000 tubes was stuck in German customs. They think because they ordered such a large quantity it sent up a red flag for some strange reason. Also, they said that orders have risen dramatically for the cream and they are going to try to keep more in stock to meet the growing demand. I thought you would all like to know if you have been waiting. the manager said they have no idea how long German customs will be sitting on the order. Now Scott, I know you benefit from this by ordering on line but I am getting desparate. If any of you know of another place to order this cream from I would greatly appreciate you e-mailing me the address.

Thanks, Sarah