Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Reebok Cross-Trainers

Posted by Barb H. on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011825)

Has anyone out there ever tried Reebok Cross-Trainers..?
I have read that some people like New Balance Runners.. But I'm having a hard time finding them...I have a really high arch and the Mephisto Sandals work for me but I'm trying to find some alternative shoes for the winter, and the Mephisto shoes are a lot of money!!!

Re: Reebok Cross-Trainers

wendyn on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011834)

Barb - I think you were at west edmonton mall, do you live in Alberta?

Robin B. on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011843)

I don't have cross trainers, but I do have 2 pairs of Reeboks that I actually like. Both are the same style -- god only knows what it is -- but they are leather walking shoes and have a whole ton of support padding on the arch.

Barb, I am a Birk fanatic -- what I want in a shoe is heavy duty rock-solid arch support. Almost all athletic shoes I have seen have nothing more than some flimsy padding at the arch, if that.

I know the Reeboks don't have real arch support, but there's enough padding in there to get me by for 10-15 minutes of outside washing the car or walking, or riding my stationary bike.

What I'm going to try next is the Birkenstock insert in a standard pair of athletic shoes like Saucony or New Balance to see if I can get a better, stronger arch.

wendyn on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011834)

Barb - I think you were at west edmonton mall, do you live in Alberta?

Robin B. on 10/19/99 at 00:00 (011843)

I don't have cross trainers, but I do have 2 pairs of Reeboks that I actually like. Both are the same style -- god only knows what it is -- but they are leather walking shoes and have a whole ton of support padding on the arch.

Barb, I am a Birk fanatic -- what I want in a shoe is heavy duty rock-solid arch support. Almost all athletic shoes I have seen have nothing more than some flimsy padding at the arch, if that.

I know the Reeboks don't have real arch support, but there's enough padding in there to get me by for 10-15 minutes of outside washing the car or walking, or riding my stationary bike.

What I'm going to try next is the Birkenstock insert in a standard pair of athletic shoes like Saucony or New Balance to see if I can get a better, stronger arch.